BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Zara the 3.0 Z4

10K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  blood_game18 
#1 ·
hey guys,

Right then as you all may or may not have known my old car was a bmw e46 3 series saloon that i loved and used, however there comes a time when you need to move on and up in the car list so i thought to myself why not and went for it last friday!

here is my good old friend brad (bmw 3 series)

And after going to pick up my new car I am now the proud owner of a 3 litre BMW Z4 with low millage in Maldives blue! and her name is Zara so here she is:

I know the pics rant great but she is a dream to drive and goes so well! after only two days of ownership I have already decided to make a tiny little mod list ready for the next year or two, some things that ill do this summer and the rest next year!

The list is:
Stubby Ariel - Fitted
Retrimed steering wheel - in the next two weeks
19" staggered deep concave alloys in black - Next year
Black kidney grills - Next year
Maldeaves blue break callipers - Next year
Clear indicators - Next year
Dodo Jucie cleaning session - Next week

So then first thing will be to get her all cleaned up and polished and remove all of the swirl marks and make her look brand new again, after that ill post some pics, I'm also going to be getting a retrimmed steering wheel pretty soon, calling tomorrow.

So thats all for now, I'm hopefully going to be able to give her a wash tomorrow and taking her for a checkup with my mechanic too.

all comments welcome guys

thanks for looking :thumbsup

thats all for now guys

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys,

Yeah is a very big change but didn't really need a loon as of the minute ha

Ill take a look sam, they are very nice cars indeed!

Just about to get a quote to insure it for a full year once my renewal is up so hoping its not stupidly expensive!

#5 ·
Big jump from what you had before. Hopefully the insurance doesn't rape you over it.

Have you photoshopped some of your plans yet? I get a bad feeling the black wheels, black grill and de-ambered lights might make it look cheap. It's your car obviously, but it isn't great when you spend a good bit of money on wheels and tyres and hate the look of it.

#6 ·
Not yet I havnt but not 100% on the black yet ill be trying it out one day, but I do like the idea of the black alloys showing off the blue callipers, and again i might de amber it or just leave it as is, still got a lot of thinking to do yet :D

Will have a go at photoshoping it another day this week to see what it would look like and will post the results!

#8 ·
i noticed your side inicators under the bmw badges are orange, mine are silver already

woul like to see your photoshop with the fronts de ambered

im considering a smoke front and back for my lights

Have you taken the foam out of the sound generator yet?

#9 ·
Not yet I havnt not sure when that is though?

Not very mech savvy lol yeah mine is full amber all the way around ;) and am going to get on to the photoshopping on wednesday :D hopefully lol

as for the wheels these are what Im looking at:

Think in full matt black with black centre caps with 8.5" fronts and 10" rears with 19" all round will look mean as ;) will have a go soon with photoshop like I said ;)

will be nice to see what happens lol, got to take some nice pics of my car first though to photoshop

#10 ·
Its a pipe thay takes nosie from the intake mainfold, and ruing through the bulk head behind the glove box

Its only purpose is to let noise into the cabin

It has two bits of foam in the pipe, you cn remove one or both and the engine noise is louder

I will take a photo later for you

#11 ·
Okay then,

so today it cleared up for about 2-3 hours where i decided to clean Zara's sexy body with some very nice smelling shampoo by dodo juice,
after this it tipped it down with rain so then got chance for a quick few pics down the road before it was too dirty again so here you go guys:

The little Stubby Ariel:

and the mean beast that is kept under the hood:

hope you guys like her!

thanks for looking

#12 ·
Just ordered my padded steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels

It will be the following:

BMW Z4 E85/E86 SE M-tech - padded (1.3mm), smooth lether, black stitching.

Going to get it fitted as well which means it will be 2 weeks monday hopefully when its ready for fitting!

will post pics when I get it before and after shots and so on!

#13 ·
Also photoshopped the alloys onto the car that I'm looking at, and Im thinking of scrapping the black and going for brushed aluminium instead! as they look a lot nicer!

here are the results,

Before:

Black wheels:

Aluminium wheels:

What do you guys reckon for the wheels?

#14 ·
Black wheels look good with the black roof, put some black and carbon badges front rear and sides too :hihi

Reactions: MAGiK
#18 ·
Okay guys thanks for all the comments :D

I will take a side on pic int he same place when the sun finally gives me chance and try photoshopping the wheels on with the roof down for more comparison, as I'm not 100% not he black or the brushed aluminium yet, however i do know I'm waiting till next year as the set I like cost a fortune in there own right ha!

#19 ·
MAGiK - I have got to say! That is one HOT looking Z4! Those Black Alloys suit it VERY well... It gets my vote BIG time (Its because I would do it)

You going to keep the ambers? or go clear?

I dont know if I missed it but how much was she (If you dont mind me asking)

#20 ·
Yeah I'm trying to figure it all out in my won head, and not sure yet on whether to keep the ambers or go clear, plus deciding on black and aluminium will take me a long time hahaha

as for the price i haven't mentioned it yet, but she was £6500 from just up the road, was a great find as i viewed quiet a few and was disappointed with the condition and some of those were a lot higher in price ;)

#21 ·
Yeah I'm not keen on the black. I don't think the colour goes with it that well and you may have made them a bit big in your photoshop lol.

You could always put the colour of the car into google image followed by Z4 and see what it throws up at you. It might give you some ideas anyway.

#23 ·
Magik

I see you wrote your renewale for insurance is soon,

Mines the end of the month, i got a renewale quote of 1,100 from tesco (thanks alot lol)

I found quotes on confussed for 750 from admiral when i run them they got it down to 612 and then they asked about multicar

On a multicar policy i can insure my z4 for £510 and her mini cooper for £375 both of which a really cheap

#27 ·
So i photoshopped some alloys onto the car witht he roof down and tried to make it look real, let me know what you think:

MOD LIST:
Stubby Ariel - Fitted
Retrimed steering wheel - ORDERED (fitting next tuesday)
19" staggered deep concave alloys in Aluminium (or black) - Next year
New kidney grills - Next year
Maldives blue break callipers - Next year
Clear indicators/smoked indicators - Next year
Dodo Jucie cleaning session - Waiting on the weather!!!
Carbon fibre engine covers/ painted engine covers - next year
Carbon fibre Washer bottle cover - next year

Plus updated mod list, will post pics of the steering wheel once i get it on a week tuesday :D

#28 ·
I still like black :hihi

Good luck with what you do go with! :D

#29 ·
Thanks buddy! Im swaying to and from lol, think black could look very nice, I'm playing with a Z4 on forza at the moment to see what I like best!

I found this on my internet trawls as well:

Love those wheels, but they're £1050 a piece! and that was a from and without tyres :O so got some saving to do hahaha!

will see what a full blacked out car will look like! as she isn't going anywhere for a very long time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.