BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post here so please be patient with me!
I see a lot of posts about Z4 roofs that don't want to open... mine is the opposite... the windows drop and roof retracts every single time I unlock the car, via diamond key fob or in handle lock! Was funny the first time but now I'm wondering what's going to happen when it's pouring with rain and I need to go somewhere! It was fine a week ago (only opened remotely when I unlocked then repressed and held unlock on fob) and then all of sudden began to open itself!? I'm sure I could reprogram if I bought an OBDII cable and NCSexpert but I don't understand how it started doing it without any trigger! Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
962 Posts
The system is designed so if you press and hold the unlock button, everything opens up. Often if you have a faulty lock or a short somewhere it can emulate this.

Check the driver door lock, and any others (I'm not a Z4 man), and see if they feel suspect.

In the meantime, press the unlock button then after a brief pause press it again, that should stop the auto opening sequence.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts