BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took z4 to a mates garage tonight to fit new belts, would be easier on a ramp rather than on my back in the cold, the car only just fit through the 2 posts and once it was in the lifting arms wouldnt go under, no matter if i rolled the car forward, front legs in first, the rear ones would never go in.

it was impossible to lift it.

has anyone ever seen/put a z4 on a 2 post ramp?

looks like ill be on my back tomorrow:(

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not the hight thats the problem, its the lifting legs wont line up with the jacking points or anywhere else substantial to lift it on

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Rubbish design old ramp, no problems on a more expensive newer one or better model.

We have some old Laycock ramps, and I can get a Smart car up in the air, how short are they? :D

I would have placed the legs under the front and just hoisted the front up, ;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not if you saw the floor :) its a right shithole! no way would anyone lay on that!
ill be doing it on the drive tomorrow morning!
i think its the ramp thats just old, ill have to get friendly with another garage owner with a more modern ramp :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
How old is it !?

I've two newish ones (2007) which have been great, old one gets used for lifting front ends of vans up so i can work under them easier.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Ive had the same problem. Ive got 2 ramps at work and the old ramp is a struggle to get the newer low slung stuff on, especially BMW's. My ramp is only 2 years old and has low slung arms, this goes under everything and doesnt foul the sills...:thumbsup

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all is good, drove the car onto some bricks and had just enough clearance to get the belts changed!
much improvement too, the old belts had chunks of rubber missing and made alot of noise, super smooth now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts