BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick quirey if anyone knows 100% if this is true, i did my thermostat on the 525i same engine as the z4 (m54), the thermostat housing looks the same and has the same pipe layout and sensor on top, gsf dont list one for the z4?
not on the website anyway, i would be surprised if they were different, but you never know

anyone clear this up for me?

i just noticed it has a small leak from the bottom of the housing :)

easy fix on the z4 as it dont have a viscous fan in the way:)

cheers

i posted this here because it has more chance of people looking instead of under Z cars!

please move if in wrong place :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hows the hid's mate
They're bright :eek :thumbsup

I did some digging; the facelift E39 projector headlights suit HID's perfectly, but the reflector E46 (and early E39) ones cause a lot of stray light to beam everywhere, mostly because the HID H7-equivalent bulbs are about 6mm longer than a normal halogen H7 bulb. So the compromise is to either buy H7C HID bulbs (exact same size as a normal halogen H7 bulb) or H7R bulbs, like a HID H7 but shielded in certain ways to reduce glare.

The H7C bulbs supposedly burn out really quickly, so I've got a new pair of H7R bulbs to go in there at the weekend - I might get a decent beam pettern etc then, as it's a bit (okay, a lot) undefined at the moment.

I'll have a lot of spare H7 HID bulbs to sell then (all 4!!!).

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great stuff!
i just used real oem, thats a fantastic site, full of usefull info !!!!!!!!!!!

i though you had to pay for info like that!

thanks guys for your help!

steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts