BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just after a bit of advice about my wheels.

I've been looking for some new alloys for my Z3 for a while (just bought a house so not top of my list of priorities!) and I've seen these on ebay.

I quite like these, and I wanted this style, but do you think it would be better to buy the wheels and tyres all together, or would it work out cheaper to buy these and then the tyres separately? A tyre place near me quoted £40 per tyre some part worn ones.

I know it would be easier to buy the wheels and tyres together, but I can't seem to find exactly what I want (for less that about £500!)

BMW Alloy Wheels 7jx16 inch | eBay

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice wheels, I'd personally buy the tyres separate as your probily find there just put a budget tyre on them and they will be crap at least if you get the tyres you can get what ever you want

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Or if you can get the alloys cheap enough try www.camskill.co.uk for new tyres.
I'm sure you'll be able to get 4x 16" good branded tyres for less than £300?
You will need to arrange fitting tho, my local independent tyre place charge a tenner per corner.

:thumbsup

Sent from my GT-I9100

·
Registered
648 Posts
Excellent choice of rims. :thumbsup
Depends on how many bids that gets really.

I've found the same style of wheels including tyres for under 200 bucks (165 to be exact)! Although something like 2 of the wheels have slight bubbling. But still good value!

Here's the ad >>> Genuine BMW E36 Z3 16" alloy wheels with tyres 7j x 16 | eBay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally I think 16's might look a bit small on the z3 I have 18" MV2s on mine before you part with the cash check out zroadster.net for ideas :) ....Liz

·
Registered
58 Posts
Or if you can get the alloys cheap enough try Cheap Tyres Discount Tyres Buy Tyres Online & Japanese Import Car Parts Spares Tuning Performance Servicing Accessories for new tyres.
I'm sure you'll be able to get 4x 16" good branded tyres for less than £300?
You will need to arrange fitting tho, my local independent tyre place charge a tenner per corner.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Pretty much. For a little over that you'll be able to get FK452's if they're the same size as mine were (16 225 50). Decent enough tyre for what they cost I think.

Not sure how well the 912's compare though as they were a bit cheaper so may be worth a look.

·
Registered
360 Posts
They do look good, however like is mentioned above, the size may look a little small on your Z3, Id be thinking more 17-18, the MV2s are nice but if that is the style you like see if theres anything similar too them

And you can always get tyres else where too ;)

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Not sure how well the 912's compare though as they were a bit cheaper so may be worth a look.
452's are a sport tyre whereas the 912's are designed for touring applications to give you more mileage & they don't have the rim protection like the 452's have.

Sent from my GT-I9100

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The link to the advert in the original post is the stock Z3 (lightweight) wheel... your original owner obviously decided to skip on this option!! LOL!.. TBH these are not that expensive 2nd hand and come up very regularly as most people upgrade from them..

TBH 16" isn't too small on a Z3 IMHO - although aesthetically speaking 18's are about as large as you'd want to go on a Roadster and you can get away with 19' on a Coupe due to the roof IMHO.. I've done some comparison pictures below:

My old Z3 on standard 16" wheels:

My old Z3 on staggered 18" Beyern Multi wheels:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Always got to show off :hihi

I think Blackcircles is a good start for tyres... they include fitting and you get CLUBCARD points for Tesco...

Good luck with the search for alloys!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts