BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I would like to install factory BMW alarm with interior protection in my 1999 facelifted Z3 roadster.
I`ve installed two interior sensors 65758385421 (I've also tried with 65756906104 modules). First is on driver's side near EWS module and second on passenger`s side in center console. I've istalled alarm LED module 65758357417 and siren 65758383152. Everything was factory pre-wired so I've simply plugged the modules. I coded my factory GM4 module with ncs expert (activated DWA section). You can see my man file below. The problem is that alarm doesn't work at all :/ The LED doesn't blink, siren doesn't make any sound. What else should I do to make it work?
Code:
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG
	aktiv
FH_FAHRERTUER_TIPP_AUF
	aktiv
FH_FAHRERTUER_TIPP_ZU
	aktiv
FH_BEIFAHRERTUER_TIPP_AUF
	aktiv
FH_TUEREN_HINTEN_TIPP_AUF
	aktiv
FH_TUEREN_HINTEN_TIPP_ZU
	nicht_aktiv
FH_ZTR_SCHALTER_TIPP_AUF
	aktiv
FH_ZTR_SCHALTER_TIPP_ZU
	nicht_aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_DAUER_10_MS
	nicht_aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_DAUER_20_MS
	nicht_aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_DAUER_40_MS
	nicht_aktiv
UNTERDRUECK_ANLAUF_GLEICH
	wert_01
CODIERUNG_ERFOLGT
	codierung_erfolgt
IB_EIN_ENTRIEGELN
	nicht_aktiv
FH_ABSENKEN_VERDECK_OEFF
	aktiv
DWA
	aktiv
SCHAERFEN/ENTSCHAERFEN
	schloss_und_fernbedienung
FUNK_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ
	aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_DAUER_80_MS
	nicht_aktiv
QUIT_ENTSCHAERF
	nicht_aktiv
QUIT_OPT_SCHAERF
	aktiv
NEIGUNGSGEBER
	nicht_aktiv
UEBERWACH_FENSTER
	nicht_aktiv
ALARM_AKUSTISCH
	intervallton
ALARM_OPTISCH
	aktiv
BEDIENSTELLE_BFT
	aktiv
HECKKLAPPE_SICHERN
	aktiv
HECKKLAPPE_ENTSICHERN
	aktiv
HK_LOGIK_WIE_FB
	nicht_aktiv
TUERSCHLOSSHEIZUNG
	nicht_aktiv
SOFT_ON/OFF
	aktiv
FH_ABSCHALTKRITERIUM
	ece
FH_NACH_TUERE_AUF
	aktiv
FENSTERHEBER_HINTEN
	nicht_aktiv
FUNKTION_CABRIO
	nicht_aktiv
FH_ABSENKTIEFE_SCHLIESSEN
	wert_04
FH_ABSENKTIEFE_OEFFNEN
	wert_01
FH_ABSENKUNG_SPERREN
	aktiv
FH_BEIFAHRERTUER_TIPP_ZU
	aktiv
EINKLEMMSCH_REVERSIEREN
	kurz
ALARM_AKUSTISCH_LANG
	nicht_aktiv
FENSTERHEBER_VORNE
	aktiv
EKS_EMPFINDLICHKEIT
	wert_06
UNTERDRUECK_ANLAUF_GEGEN
	wert_03
EKS_ABSCHALTPUNKT
	wert_04
	wert_06
EKS_EINSCHALTPUNKT
	wert_05
	wert_06
FH_VORN_GESAMTWEG
	wert_06
IB_EIN_FB_ENTRIEGELN
	aktiv

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, there is a little progress. I`ve changed my GM4 module to GM4 HIGH (I had LOW version before) and now my alarm is alive :) The problem is that interior protection doesn`t work. When I close my car with remote the alam LED blinks fast couple od times and then it starts to blink slower. INPA shows error:
69 Passenger-compartment protection, fuse or cable
How to fix this? Do I have to calibrate interior protection sensor or something like that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi luk4s83.
How did this work out for you in the end?
Im trying to do the same thing in my facelifted Z3. I have installed all the parts except passenger radar module. All wires were allready in the car.
Where exactly do I install the passenger radar module?
Do you think I can buy a GM IV High module from a breakers car with alarm installed, and then skipp the coding?
Best regards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gunstar,
I've solved the issue and my alarm is working great. Coding was missing. I believe you can try to install GMIV high from car with alarm installed, it should work, but coding with NCS expert is not a big deal :) You have to remove glovebox, then you will see some modules, including yours old GMIV LOW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your answear and great to hear that your alarm is up and running fine.
I have found a GM IV high module from a 98 MZ3 with alarm code S302A. Do you think it will be any good in my facelifted 10/99?
Can you tell where to connect the passenger radar module?
How did you mount the tilt sensor on the left hand side in the trunk? I cant find any holes for the bracket there.
Sorry for all questions but I’m in need for some help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've installed 8387530 GMIV module, this one will work for sure. I'm not sure if on pre-facelift Z3M GMIV module is the same.
There are two versions of wiring harness - with two or single radar module. In my Z3 there is a harness for two radar sensors - first is above the pedals and the second one is on the left side of passenger's feet. There is also an option with single radar module - near handbrake.
I forgot one thing - you have to install 8364692 module also, it's located on the right side below glovebox. You have to replace dummy relay module with crash-alarm relay 8364692.
You are right - there is no mounting bracket of tilt module. I've made a bracket myself and glued it as I don't like to drill any holes in my cars :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are the 2 radar modules the same or do they have different part numbers?
I think I have the crash alarm relay on the left hand side over pedals.
If you could write down all the parts you have used and post it here with parts number, it would be a great help.
Thanks for your help. :thumbsup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a different part number for single-sensor version and a different for double-sensor version:
RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog
I've installed two 6906104 sensors.
Tilt sensor I've used: 65756923210
You are right about alarm relay, I remember from wiring diagram that sometimes it's located on the left side and sometimes on the right.
You need a siren 65758383152 also - the harness is ready (plug is located near brakes servo pump) but unfortunately mounting bracket is missing. And a hood switch :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
At last some updates from my alarm installation ;).
I’ve replaced my GM IV Low module 8387531 with a used GM IV High module 8387530.
I’ve also bought a 2’nd radar module 6906104 and installed it in the center console, near passenger left knee.
The alarm works fine, except siren. Have to check on that. Siren has batteries built in, maybe they need some charging?

So, here are all parts I’ve installed.

GM IV High module 8387530. Behind glovebox.
Crash alarm relay 8364692. Left side over pedals.
Alarm led 65758357417. Centre console between seats.
2 radar modules 6906104. Above pedals and right side c-cons.
Tilt sensor in trunk 65756923210. Back left side.
Siren in engine bay 65758383152. Under fusebox.
Hood alarm switch 61319119052. Front engine bay.
Radio switch (not installed) 65758366215. Behind radio.

A big THANK YOU to Luk4s83 for all his help (y)(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made a stupid misstake with the siren. Contact wasn’t properly inserted. Now everything works 😉.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts