BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I suspect ECU related causing can bus system to be dragged down. Double check the plugs on ECU first just in case it has poor connection or a pin has somehow got bent. Doubtful in my opinion but worth a check. More likely the ECU has been damaged during repair. Can’t see it being coding as it’s the same ecu the car came with so should be plug and play

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I suspect ECU related causing can bus system to be dragged down. Double check the plugs on ECU first just in case it has poor connection or a pin has somehow got bent. Doubtful in my opinion but worth a check. More likely the ECU has been damaged during repair. Can’t see it being coding as it’s the same ecu the car came with so should be plug and play
Thank you for responding mate.

All seemed ok looking at the ECU. It has been sent back now to be checked. The ECU was the issue (apperently) to start with so was sent of for repair they used a donor so it's not actually my ECU so would need to be coded. Going to call them Monday to check what's going on.

Never have I had any issues like this before. Got my mum's Audi TT 😂 at the moment took it out to the shop the other day got a misfire !! 10mins after the shop opened the next day I had it running due to a coil ! Why can't things just be this simple.

Fingers crossed 🤞 it comes back and ready to go

21 - 22 of 22 Posts