BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I posted earlier about my X5 being jerky and dead in the power range at random times. I traced it down to if I disconnected the vacuum pipe from the EGR, I got my power back to normal but got the EGR error obviously. I thought it was the solenoid controlling the vacuum to the EGR, but after replacing that twice Im back to jerky power and dead spot. Car throws an error

I have cleaned and tested the EGR, it opens and closes quickly, Dont think it sits open for too long.

Had a look at the MAP sensor. Was a little dirty but gave it a quick clean with switch cleaner. No improvement.... I didnt push it back in properly and the car stalled on me for the 1st time, EEEK.

Unplugged EGR rubber hose again and power is back.

Is it at all possible that the EGR Pressure solenoid connection schematics on REALOEM could be incorrect?
IE I have connected them back to front and the vacuum is going to the EGR all the time.

Or are the swirl flaps solenoid on the same vacuum circuit giving crap?

I have no more ideas left now :-(
Gutted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question: Do the Swirl flap pressure converter and EGR pressure converter have the same clip size? I am wondering if the swirl flap has the EGR power supply/control and the EGR the power supply for the Swirl FLAPS.

Only way to find out is to take manifold off again. They are very close to each other. I just put them back as I found them after the garage had their mits on it.

Could explain the car picking up around 2k rpm with some power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All. Sorted it finally. I had a look and the EGR valve control solenoid was a no name brand type. I got a Pierburg version and voila all sorted.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out.
Strange you had no replies to your first post i don't remember seeing it as i might have said a vacuum problem.
But thanks for the update it could help others one day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts