BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my X5 is being a bit weird. Every now and then, it seems to 'shudder' or 'stutter' slightly when driving at a constant speed. It does it both on motorways at 70, and on A roads at 40.

It doesn't feel like an engine problem. It's more like the drive train or wheels 'skipping'. I know - mental right?

It seems to be fairly random, I can't reproduce it or predict when it'll happen.

The car itself is in great shape, virtually brand new, only 5k miles.

I've tried eco mode, comfort, sport and adaptive, but it still does it.

I've also got a 2019 530d and this doesn't do it at all, although it's the 2WD version.

I wonder if any of you heroes have experienced a similar problem, or if you have any ideas what it might be?

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a X3 2.5 and that did the same it would drive perfect to Manchester most of the way back then a shuddering through the car. I sent the vehicle back to the person i bought it off and he returned my money we stayed friendly and i asked him to let me know what caused it after he had it repaired,A month later he got in touch with me to say it had taken all this time to find the fault, it was a front flexible brake pipe collapsing then releasing. They changed both fronts and never had any problem since so maybe if people aren’t changing brake fluid and has we know its hydroscopic this fault develops. Change all brake flexy pipes and brake fluid and the fault is rectified hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts