BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just found out via BMW that my car built in July 2020 with iDrive7 and new live cockpit does not have the latest hardware to allow me to install Android Auto. When ordering I was told it would have it! My car has SP15 hardware and the Android only works with SP18 hardware. Apparently the car cannot be upgraded. Is there anyone else had this problem.? My dealer assured me that it would work when ordering in Feb 2020 and was built in July/Aug 2020 and delivered to me in September 2020. I am not too happy about this and am taking it up directly with BMW UK. After spending good money on the latest model with a load of extras I am disappointed. Much of the information I have received via emails from BMW conflict each other. Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just found out via BMW that my car built in July 2020 with iDrive7 and new live cockpit does not have the latest hardware to allow me to install Android Auto. When ordering I was told it would have it! My car has SP15 hardware and the Android only works with SP18 hardware. Apparently the car cannot be upgraded. Is there anyone else had this problem.? My dealer assured me that it would work when ordering in Feb 2020 and was built in July/Aug 2020 and delivered to me in September 2020. I am not too happy about this and am taking it up directly with BMW UK. After spending good money on the latest model with a load of extras I am disappointed. Much of the information I have received via emails from BMW conflict each other. Regards
Asking BMW UK is like asking your 4 year old, I’ve had the same result.

According to many members of other user groups this is the answer, although I have not pursued as there are little benefits.

G01 2020+ SP15 hardware with Live Cockpit Plus or Professional supports Android Auto with Software version 20-07 or later.

You will have software prior to this date, as is mine. To check your version, do this-

In the car, go to the iDrive 7 owner's manual, select "Search by word" and input Imprint. You can do the same search from within the Driver Guide app if you have your vehical loaded from your VIN.

BMW service centres will not update your software on request without charging you. They wil need a reasonable ‘Fault’ for them to reclaim the cost to BMW UK to update your sofware as it takes time, or maybe the fact that the salesman specifically said it will be available, they may wave the cost.

The other way to see if you have the updated software is to look at your dashboard
Before

Updated to 20-07, note the Temp gauge change

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts