BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 f25 35d with 32k. Searched high and low for this car - it's got an amazing list of options and is split mint.
Got a few reservations though!
Could anyone tell me if I'm being unrealistic expecting a reasonable mpg? Highest I've got on a run is 34mpg and general use is 29-30. I thought I might get a bit higher really.
Also it doesn't really feel that quick!
I'm wondering if the car might have just gone to the shops and back all its life - it just feels very tight like a new car.
My wife loves it and I should be happy with that but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed with it.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Can't help but think there might be something wrong with the car :(

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
check coolant temps via hidden menu,,if they not getting to over 88deg then needs new stat also for dpf regens...poor coolant temps can lower mpg considerably,,but your mpg isnt far off real world,,although ona long trip you shouks see over 40 easily,,i managed 43 mpg on a 190 mile frip,,and i had my foot down a few times,,this is a 640d but same engine as yours

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got round to checking this. Driving normally when warm temp is always between 86-88. More spirited driving sees 92 but no higher. Does that indicate a problem or ok?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts