BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hope someone here can help.

Drove home from work yesterday evening, everything was fine. Nipped out to shops about 90 mins later and my engine has started making a hell of a noise (see clip), along with a short 1-2 second hiss when it's turned back off. https://vimeo.com/362757191

Initial thought were oil or coolant levels but both are within the safe margins on their respective gauges.

I'll be honest, while I've done various repairs across the rest of the car, I've never delved into the engine on this one all that much so know next to nothing about it (compared to my old jeep and Vectra which I was forever having to do work on) so any help would be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, hope someone here can help.

Drove home from work yesterday evening, everything was fine. Nipped out to shops about 90 mins later and my engine has started making a hell of a noise (see clip), along with a short 1-2 second hiss when it's turned back off.

Initial thought were oil or coolant levels but both are within the safe margins on their respective gauges.

I'll be honest, while I've done various repairs across the rest of the car, I've never delved into the engine on this one all that much so know next to nothing about it (compared to my old jeep and Vectra which I was forever having to do work on) so any help would be great.

Cheers
Sounds like the DISA valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts