BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Oh, the winter is on its way "out", good. Its been a long and snowy one.
My wife likes to change out the 05 530DAT with a X-Drive 5 series.

But, how is the X-Drive to live with? A LOT more expensive to service?

Some weak points?
We are thinking about a 08-09 model 5 series with X-Drive. It also looks like the models with X drive have a little more ground clearance than the standard rear wheel drive models, is it so or just looking like it?

Have a good evening all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There's a guy at work with an X Drive and his sits around the same height as mine but I've no idea if he's had it adjusted, I'll try and get hold of him to ask:thumbsup

·
Registered
9 Posts
according to bmw sales manual of 2008, height of regular e60 is 1468mm compared to 1482mm for the xdrive.

Day to day not much difference apart from the nose feels a little heavier on spirited turn-in, the fuel economy and acceleration is a little worse than the non xdrive version. however the benefits of the xdrive with winter tyres were clear the past winter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply and information.
What x drive you have?
Is the x using a lot more fuel? I know the official numbers, but real life is not the same. I did find my 530 to use less than the official numbers on city driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an lci 525dA xdrive, 197bhp, according to the obc I've averaged 7.1 L/100km or almost 40 miles/gallon Uk since reset 5K km's ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts