BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been off the road for 6 months as I was involved in a RTA, I was a front seat passenger in someone elses car so nothing to do with me or the BM thankfully. :D

I've come to looking on these comparison websites to get a new quote to insure my 98' 328i coupe and nearly had a heart attack!
Last time I took out a policy it was £580 tpft, I am 32 years old, 6yrs NCB, no accidents or claims, 3 points for failing to comply with traffic signal - all in all none too bad.

New quotes are coming in at £750 - £900+ is it just me? :eek

Any recommendations please? tried compare the market, confused and go compare, they're all taking the p*ss here. :jaw-dropping

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i got my E36 insured last august for £600 and now when i do a quote its 1k its daylight robbery

·
Registered
30 Posts
try Chris Notts. I have got my car with them, all mods decleard and with a few race tracks included £400 fully comp

:)

J

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
£755 is best so far, waiting on a few emails now and I will tweek later, let you know how it goes, not holding my breath though. Robbing bar stools! :mad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Direct line increased my insurance by about £70 this year so went to Admiral and got a quote for £274 fully comp with protected no claims on an E46 328ci. If I add my wife as a named driver it brings the quote down by about £100 as she is a teacher and she wont drive my car as it's "too big"!

·
Registered
412 Posts
im 23 and im with elephant on renewal they tried putting it up £200 so i shopped around and got a price £100 less than i was paying for elephant so i called them up to shove it and they said they would price match with the other company??????? how that works im not sure. thats with all mods declaired fully comp 6years no claims so im still with elephant paying £720 on my 320i

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to update, I tried a few insurance companies direct and no difference.
Even Direct Swine who claim to cut out the middle man and quote best prices wanted 1400 quid! not on your nelly!!!

After much form filling and searching about i'm pleased to report that Adrian Flux have quoted me happy at £530 which is £50 cheaper than last year so I am well happy and would recommend anyone up for renewal get a quote from them.

Thanks again for the advice from this forum, saved me a packet. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My renewal comes next month so it dont sound good I'm paying 150 pm the min. 3yrs na claims aswell.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Yeah i dont get it i put in that i had a 330ci worth several thousand as opposed to my e36 and it only went up 100 quid over the year :frown
They are strange insurance companies sometimes :confused:frown Did put your parents on your policy (or older relatives/friends with clean licences) made a good difference when I did. :thumbsup

·
Registered
333 Posts
Apparently Co-Op are good atm for fully comp cover!

Also, try AutoTrader insurance compare - works out cheaper than gocompare for me.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts