BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 730d
I'm doing some maintenance on the car after picking it up recently.
Is it worth getting the automatic gearbox fluid changed?

The cars on 160000m and doesn't seem to have any gearbox issues.
I don't know the cars history so unsure if it's ever been changed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
whole kit and change around £400 zf kit,,and there are protocols to follow,,its not jsut a case of removing old oil and refilling etc,,temps and procedures have to be followed,,im going off the zf6hp gearbox etc,,had mine done on my 335d

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah understood.

I'll be getting a mechanic to do it, but wondered if an oil change at this mileage could cause issues?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
not just a mechanic,,they have to know and follow the strict procedures from "ZF"....i made sure i had mine done from an ex bmw tech..first time id used him,,and i asked a few questions,,which he answered impecibly...also the oil has to be "ZF" specific oil,,,plenty of info about on it

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Had my x5 5 speed auto box done at a good bmw indi with 164k on it with no problems.
Also the e90 done but that is a 6 speed box and cost over twice what the 5 speed cost.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
if your gonna keep the car for ever till it dies then id do it...but your car is 15 years old and worth pennies now,,so its a toss up really...im sure yours has the 6 speed box..dont quote me on that though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts