BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my e46 I noticed it had A Button marked Traffic Master and a little LED with TM on it,
Wasn't sure whether it was working or not as you usually have to subscribe to get the service, However....
I've been out a few times now and most of the time the LED is Green. on pressing the button A posh Lady hiding in the Dash board tells me what road i'm on, what direction i'm travelling in and the traffic conditions.
Today the LED went red, so I pushed the button and the Dash board Lady told me about a Traffic snarl up 2 miles away.

So all in all, I'm well pleased as the Kit works.

The Question is...will it be forever or will i have to subscribe to TM at some point?

Anyone else got this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL @ Mark

Just to add tho', I may have found the answer as i looked at TM website and found summat called q Busta (costs £129.99) A one off instalation price and the system is live for the ownership of the car for the person who had it installed, i guess the original owner dint tell TM they'd sold the motor on, I aint tellin' em either LOL.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
LOL @ Mark

Just to add tho', I may have found the answer as i looked at TM website and found summat called q Busta (costs £129.99) A one off instalation price and the system is live for the ownership of the car for the person who had it installed, i guess the original owner dint tell TM they'd sold the motor on, I aint tellin' em either LOL.
That's a very GOOD start to 2009 for you:cool

I certainly wouldn't let them know either:lol

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have this on my vectra, at some point you will encounter your anniversary date, and have to subscribe once again.

I think it turned out to be around £75 for my vectra, which isnt too expensive, however, I am starting to use SatNav a little more as my new head unit comes complete with it for my BM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not got built in sat nav, I use A tomTom go520

How will i know if I have an aniversary Date on the system? as i didnt have the kit installed, it was in when i bought the car...!

·
Registered
710 Posts
**I think** if you push the TM button twice, it will bring up the renewal and license advice, Ill attempt to get the phone number off of mine if you have difficulty, then they should just ask you for you registration number and will tell you how long the license has left.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right....Just been out to the Motor. Pressed the button twice with ignition off....Nowt
so turned ignition on and pressed it twice....Nowt
both times it did nothing, so i'll see what happens when the light comes on. (The LED only lights up when you are on an A Road or Motorway) and then press it twice to see what happens....
My guess is it'll just tell me what Road i'm on etc. twice.
I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be cool if the posh lady came on and said "stop buggering around with the buttons noob!" - lol

I was pissing myself watching Jeremy Clarkson and (seperately) Ozzy Osbourne arguing with the command lady in the BMW 7 series and a Merc S class, hilarious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.