BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 2006 E90 330d and today when I went to spray my jets to clean my window nothing happened lol, so checked the fuse 39,59,63 and all seem to be ok.

I cant hear any motor sound when I pull the stalk so don't know im stumped, was working fine last night!!!

So guys what next...

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Usually it'd be the stalk or the washer motor that would need replacing but it'd be a lot more likely to be the motor they tend to be the first to go.

Also worth checking the windscreen washer reservoir as the pump is at the bottom and over the years horrible greeny blue slime accumulates at the bottom of the reservoir and blocks the flow of washer fluid.

It's a pretty easy job just remove the wheel arch trim on the front offside (I think) which is a few plastic rivets and screws to get access. It'd make your life easier if you jacked it up and took the wheel off too as you'll have a lot more space to work with.

If it's blocked you can clear all the gunk out and if not I'd usually go for the washer motor next as it's pretty cheap especially if you source a used good condition on off of eBay.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
It'll be the washer bottle full of gunk. Has happened to me on both my cars. I've tried blowing air through etc but that just fixes it for a week or so. The only way to really fix it is to take the washer bottle out and empty it, hose it through and refit. There is a how-to somewhere on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts