BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wondering if someone can offer some advice for my 2008 3series (318i)

Simple problem in that the front windscreen washers are not working. I can blow down the pipe easily so am confident of no blockages but I cannot hear the pump working, so checked fuse map, which tells me that (48) is the fuse to replace, only there is no existing fuse in location (48), also this is a 30A fuse, and I've seen a comment elsewhere saying it should be a 5A fuse.

I've just bought the car, have had a full health check & service, and bmw sent it back with a side light out and a hefty bill, for which I made relevant complaints, but now I'm reluctant to use my local service again.

I've been looking online to see if the fuse diagram I have is the right one but am yet to find one that shows the same fuse box or that tells me different from the diagram I have, ie (48) in the same location.

The jet washers have worked since purchase.

Would like to rule out fuse fault before I start taking the wheel arch off to check/replace the pump

Any advice greatly appreciated

I wa

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi wondering if someone can offer some advice for my 2008 3series (318i)

Simple problem in that the front windscreen washers are not working. I can blow down the pipe easily so am confident of no blockages but I cannot hear the pump working, so checked fuse map, which tells me that (48) is the fuse to replace, only there is no existing fuse in location (48), also this is a 30A fuse, and I've seen a comment elsewhere saying it should be a 5A fuse.

I've just bought the car, have had a full health check & service, and bmw sent it back with a side light out and a hefty bill, for which I made relevant complaints, but now I'm reluctant to use my local service again.

I've been looking online to see if the fuse diagram I have is the right one but am yet to find one that shows the same fuse box or that tells me different from the diagram I have, ie (48) in the same location.

The jet washers have worked since purchase.

Would like to rule out fuse fault before I start taking the wheel arch off to check/replace the pump

Any advice greatly appreciated

I wa
I had the same issue when I bought mine. I checked the fuse but there was no fuse in the slot it was meant to be in. I checked other fuses and all seemed fine. Eventually found the pump behind the wheel arch was blocked. Common fault on these when screen washer is not used often and left sitting around. Pump gets blocked. Check all your potential fuses and if any show as broke then replace. Then if no luck get the pump out and cleaned or replaced. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.