BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

The window mechanism on our 320cd convertible 2005 on the drivers side was crunching itself until it died. I changed the mechanism and all went ok. However since doing it, the window doesn't drop when you open the door. You can push it down manually the half inch that it goes, and when you shut the door it will go back up. However it doesn't drop by itself. Any help appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your able to push it down it shouldn’t be able to be pushed at all when installed properly. It sounds like the window isn’t quite clamped to the regulator or a bolt was left loose on the regulator. I would take the door panel off and look at everything. What makes it drop down is a micro switch in the latch. You have to replace the whole mechanism the switch isn’t available separately. But the fact that you can push it down and it goes up when you close the door sounds like something is loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your able to push it down it shouldn’t be able to be pushed at all when installed properly. It sounds like the window isn’t quite clamped to the regulator or a bolt was left loose on the regulator. I would take the door panel off and look at everything. What makes it drop down is a micro switch in the latch. You have to replace the whole mechanism the switch isn’t available separately. But the fact that you can push it down and it goes up when you close the door sounds like something is loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there not a reset procedure for the window? I am sure it dropped a couple of times, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. Could really do with some help. I am stumped. Tried the switch down 45 seconds with key in accessory position. That didn't work.

Tried putting all the Windows down and then back up using the key holding it in lock position. That didn't resolve the issue.

It a very weird. The window doesn't drop but you can push it so it does. When you shut the door it pops up like it should.

Interior light comes on and goes off like it should. I am stumped!

·
Registered
379 Posts
So you have proved the point that the glass isn't clamped properly to the regulator. The glass wouldn't need to be clamped to push it up, only needs to be to pull it down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts