BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people! just brought some halo/angel eye headlights the ones with the indicators connected! just wanted to no if they will fit my compact! they came of a saloon. i no normal headlights will fit because i already have some on it but will these!

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any chance you could let us know exactly which ones you got and how easy they are to fit ?.

My other half has just got a 1998 318i saloon, and one of the standard lights is full of condensation, and it has those nasty orange indicators, so we were looking at changing to the angel eyes with the built in indicators.

Cheers.

:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
The main headlight units will fit any E36, although the indicators are different for coupes. Make sure indicators / combined units specify 4dr.

On a side note I have a spare headlight unit for the driver side since I've fitted the Hella Celis units (my passenger side one had a stone go through it).

Fitting is simple, remove the indicators by pushing back the retaining clip using a screwdriver and then pull them out. The main units are held by normal hex bolts but you may have to remove the radiator cover to get to them (just screwed in but also has disposable plastic rivets holding the far ends). The bolts on the top of the headlights going into the plastic plugs are meant to be removed without spinning the plastic plugs ideally (although I just adjusted mine back anyway). Wiring is pretty obvious, may require some splicing to correct the connections though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi

Any chance you could let us know exactly which ones you got and how easy they are to fit ?.

My other half has just got a 1998 318i saloon, and one of the standard lights is full of condensation, and it has those nasty orange indicators, so we were looking at changing to the angel eyes with the built in indicators.

Cheers.

:)
hi recieved them dont like them will sell if interested!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.