BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rolling Road Day scotland

whos up for a Rolling Road Event/meet.
where the best place to get a group deal on etc.
i can phone up places and try and get a deal:thumbsup

say march time?

·
Registered
213 Posts
There a few places over in fife that can cater for RWD motors, remember some places only have FWD rolling road set ups!

We did one with another club i was with when i owned my track car in fife at STAR PERFORMANCE they did a good discount and are able to cater for AWD, FWD & RWD cars

Just a mater of looking in to it getting a good deal set up and then getting the numbers around 10 - 20 cars need to go on the rollers to get a decent discount from most places!

When we did it we had a BBQ set up for burgers and such like outside the front door of STAR then had a little meet just along the road in a good place for club photos, Lovely big area with no speedbump to get loads of cars in over looking the water!

Always great fun to be had at RR days,

I can look in to if you want again kev?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ive contacted Star Performance but there saying the dont want to take on any more RR days than the regular 4 clubs RR days the do already as the cant get there staff to work the extra couple hours aparently..

But i can look in to other places also as theres also Falkland Performance that do RWD RR days !

·
Registered
213 Posts
Right some details

Falkland Performance :

- MAHA LPS 3000 DYNO
- 500BHP Max (Not sure if anybody owns the new E60 M5 but there kinda stuck here)

- Each car gets 2x runs on the dyno to make sure they get an accurate reading

Now for prices :

1-10 Cars : £45

11-15 Cars : £40

15-19 Cars : £35

20+ Cars £30

Sorted out with Kevin Adams himself that owns Falkland Performance as i have previously worked there in the past a few other details.

He is happy to get the local burger van to come around and open for the event if we choose to go with them for the RR Day if enough numbers

There is a couple issues that will be stated if we choose to do the RR day about who is liabile if any car's have had engine damage due to being on rollers.

Rolling Road List :

1. KevinBmw318is + GF
2. RoddyE36Mtec
3. Meka
4. MikeyH
5. Furry0786

Spectating!

1. Mick1

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm liking the sound of this. List time. Add to it.
Kevinbmw318is and gf.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Once we get enough names to go ahead with it to get a fair discount

we shall then talk about which is the best Saterday through the year for everybody to attend as this is the only day that they do RR's

and then i shall create at a thread with details and a list to who is attending and then we shall originise a place to meet then a convoy to Falkland performance!

Shall i put this on another bmw forum i am on to gather up intrest? as theres plenty space for everyone!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sounds great guys id be up for this aswell soon as i get the car back :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah mate that would be no problem!

I should have mentioned who ever wants to attend just for the meet that is fine also.

Rolling Road List :

1. KevinBmw318is + GF
2. RoddyE36Mtec
3. Meka

Spectating!

1. Mick1

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whats a m44 engine bhp standard?
i hope mines not lost much lol.
also will lowered car get on the rollers ok?

i tryed to put the new name as Rolling Road Day scotland
but its not changed :(
mod help :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
whats a m44 engine bhp standard?
i hope mines not lost much lol.
also will lowered car get on the rollers ok?

i tryed to put the new name as Rolling Road Day scotland
but its not changed :(
mod help :D
143bhp Standerd Kev!

Yeah not a problem ive already asked that and i they said even my car would get on the roller no problem,

If you go on the website you will even see they have had my unlce's ferarri testarosa in there workshop on the rollers!

No problem man hopefully someone can change it!

I will create a new thread once we get more intrest.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts