1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) 2005/xx 330d fully loaded, all the options, 62k miles
2) 2006/xx 320d fully loaded, all the options, 6 months BMW warranty 27k miles
3) 2007/57 320d, no leather/nav, 18 months BMW warranty, 23k miles

All models are SE, but with no sunroof and all are manual. Assuming that they all cost the same amount, which one would you pick. If you can to elaborate, feel free to mention why, but not required. This is the question that has been killing me for the past 2 weeks :hihi

·
Registered
36 Posts
I looked at the pole results and went to myself I knew everyone would choose the 330d but then I saw I was the only person that had voted using the pole!!

Yeah I agree 62k on a BMW is nothing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think it all depends on you... if your going to be doing alot of miles 62k will soon be 100k in no time. i no these engines will go on and on but things like the seats will show wear, the gearbox wont feel as tight and niggly little problems will start to occur... however if you want performance and bit of fun then the 330 is the one to go for (especially if your not gonna do many miles!)

If your not bothered about performance but want something with all the gadgets and has done next to nothing mileage then i would go for fully loaded 06 320d and maybe get a remap done on it so its still pokey!

Personally i always go for cars with low mileage but i know alot of people dont have an issue with mileage.

Are there no 330's like the one you have mentioned with less miles in your price range?

What happened to this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...X:eRTM:GB:1123

Thought this was bang on when you posted it up.. right engine, got the looks and a good price! and its got low mileage!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happened to this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...X:eRTM:GB:1123

Thought this was bang on when you posted it up.. right engine, got the looks and a good price! and its got low mileage!
The link here doesn't work, though if you're talking about the 330d blue M-sport with leather, it sold for £17k. I think my max limit right now after crunching some more numbers is £13.5k (maybe £14k but would have to clear that with the Ms.) and I'd like to spend about £12.5k if possible. I'm feeling really thrifty as of late is the big problem :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Being more concerned with power, I'd have to go with the 330d even though it may not always be the 'wisest' of choices.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It would have to be the 330d mate, a 3 litre with a turbo reminds me of my dads 530d, i just live the sound of the engine and the turbo when it whistles when reving it from 1,000 rpm to 3,000 rpm.

no jke mate the 320d is the son but the 330d is the daddy lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went for option 1 as bigger engine and any niggles have usually already been sorted, then I would probably have gone for opt 2 as fully loaded, opt 3 - no, as not fully loaded. The warranty may not mean much, read the small print to check what you are actually covered for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 2007 has the new engine, which gets (according to BMW) 10-12MPG more over the 2006 models. As I get paid a flat rate per mile, that's the reason that I was considering it - pure greed :)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
the 2007 has the new engine, which gets (according to BMW) 10-12MPG more over the 2006 models. As I get paid a flat rate per mile, that's the reason that I was considering it - pure greed :)
Remember what BMW claim and actually do are 2 completely different things :thumbsup

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remember what BMW claim and actually do are 2 completely different things :thumbsup
Agreed :) But actually that does drive home the point, do the efficient dynamic BMW's do anything better than the previous ones, if so how much better? I suppose it would be pretty difficult to tell unless someone owned a pre ED and post ED model, which is probably quite unlikely.

Any other information is going to be very subjective - everyone has their own driving preference. Some people drive it like they stole it, while others will never get the revs above 1600rpm. Hrm...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with Red.
At 62k miles the 330D engine is barely even broken in!!
Suppose my hesitation is that I'll be putting on 15-20k miles/year, so in 3 years that's 120k miles which makes the car almost unsellable. If I found one with 25k (say) and it went up to 85k in 3 years then I'd be cool with that because that would be easy to resell for market value +/- a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts