BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im currently thinking of upgrading and getting an 06 BMW 330 or a 06 Merc CLK 320. cant really decide and need some help. :eek

anything on the reliability or performance on these cars?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The 320's Mercs are damn slow and don't really look all that in the styling department either. However, on the plus side, they can be a wise used buy and are likely to be much better equipped than the BMWs in general!

The BMw 330 is a fine car with lots of demand so prices tedn to remain relatively keen on them. There will be as many bad ones as good ones about so be sure to take your time when looking around and not to rush any purchase. Search this site for a BWM E46 buying guide.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
The Merc is the the more prestige (more lux) and stately option (heavy etc), whereas the bimmer is more sporty (but still damn fine).

Buy whichever one suits your driving style, if you cruise about - buy the Merc, if you race about - buy the bimmer! :thumbsup

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im leaning more towards the bimmer due to the "fun factor". what sort of things should i be looking for on the E46 330 cabrio? im also considering the newer 325/330 hardtop cabrio.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Just remember the Merc won't corner half as well as the beamer ;)
But the trade off for godo BMW chassis is fast wear of main suspension components (well within 40,000miles) plus a harder ride ......

All depends on what you want from the car really ..................

I'm getting to the stage now where I only enjoy BMWs when I'm 'in the mood', anytime else I'd have an AMG merc or my T5 eveytime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.