BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Does anyone know if you can get a chip for the remote to undo & do up the roof from the key at a distance, I've seen it for the new hardtop 3 series but not the old e46

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine works off the key.. just press the unlock button then press it again and hold it down! .... Didnt have to have it programmed or anything so may be worth a try if you havent already!!!

FWIW i never use it... by the time its down your standing next to it so you may aswell have done it from inside the car!!!!:hihi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Does this forum do a k**b of the week award, co's I think I've just earned it, I just took G4EDW advise and tried pressing it twice as he said and it worked. It did it in stages is that right? But it still worked. Must try reading the manual soon!! Thanks again guys

·
Registered
211 Posts
Excellent :thumbsup
Just saved yourself some dosh :)

Mine does not do it, possibly due to key/car memory options, but also I think that the factory option only opens the roof and does not close it for safty reasons, so I will be fitting one of these modules soon. :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.