BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After giving myself a bit of a headache disconnecting the battery and closing the boot on my 330D saloon I realised im quite open to the electric boot/trunk release failing one day and my belongings being stuck in the boot, not ideal if im at an airport trying to get my luggage out or something else just as important!

I've noticed a lot of E46`s have a boot release near the tool kit but mine doesn't have this, theres not even a recess where its supposed to be. Im assuming mine must be in a different location, does anyone know where I would find this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine has a seized lock, going to have to replace that but was just wondering if there is an emergency release

·
Registered
24 Posts
After giving myself a bit of a headache disconnecting the battery and closing the boot on my 330D saloon I realised im quite open to the electric boot/trunk release failing one day and my belongings being stuck in the boot, not ideal if im at an airport trying to get my luggage out or something else just as important!

I've noticed a lot of E46`s have a boot release near the tool kit but mine doesn't have this, theres not even a recess where its supposed to be. Im assuming mine must be in a different location, does anyone know where I would find this?
Hi mate use your key in the boot lock an open it that way turn it anti clockwise

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

Sorry didnt notice the rest of the posts lol

·
Registered
17 Posts

I thought all tool kits were in the boot, attached to the boot lid. Do some have it located elsewhere?

·
Registered
24 Posts

Hi mate connect a battery to the terminals under the bonnet as ur looking at the car from the front the terminals are at the back on the left then use the button inside the car to unlock it then ur boot should open

1 - 10 of 10 Posts