BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there , looking to buy wheel spacers for my 2008 e60 520d , currently have a set of spiders on the car , can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hi there , looking to buy wheel spacers for my 2008 e60 520d , currently have a set of spiders on the car , can anyone point me in the right direction please ?
hi, it’s actually quite simple, you need to know the width of your wheels ie. 8.5j, 9.5j etc. that is the width in inches of the rim.
The et (einpresstiefe) is the mm distance that the middle/center of the “as previously discussed“ width of the wheel sits from the hub ( can be +, but in certain cars also a minus).

You will notice at this point we are mixing inches and metric (apples and oranges!). You must decide what you are comfortable with, may I suggest metric.

If you measure the space from your current outside rim edge, you will come to a conclusion that you fancy maybe 10 or 15mm to get the wheel to Fill The Arch!

Then you apply the math! What you have! And what you want! But you have to understand the et and it’s effect!!

There is also lots of conversion links, have a look in the

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, it’s actually quite simple, you need to know the width of your wheels ie. 8.5j, 9.5j etc. that is the width in inches of the rim.
The et (einpresstiefe) is the mm distance that the middle/center of the “as previously discussed“ width of the wheel sits from the hub ( can be +, but in certain cars also a minus).

You will notice at this point we are mixing inches and metric (apples and oranges!). You must decide what you are comfortable with, may I suggest metric.

If you measure the space from your current outside rim edge, you will come to a conclusion that you fancy maybe 10 or 15mm to get the wheel to Fill The Arch!

Then you apply the math! What you have! And what you want! But you have to understand the et and it’s effect!!

There is also lots of conversion links, have a look in the

Thanks for the reply , all a bit crazy for me but im sure i will wirk it out. Going by what alot of people are saying to me is to just put 20mm spacers on the back and buy off ebay ? Im just not sure what brand etc to be using.

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
574 Posts
Thanks for the reply , all a bit crazy for me but im sure i will wirk it out. Going by what alot of people are saying to me is to just put 20mm spacers on the back and buy off ebay ? Im just not sure what brand etc to be using.
I’m running Bimmec wheel spacers and I’ve not had any problems.

Take a flat stick and put it flush against the wheel, then take a ruler and measure from inside of your wheel arch (mm) to the end of your stick and that will tell you the length of the spacers to go for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts