BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above. Why does the centre vent have temp controls (blue - red)? My car has climate control which should automatically control the climate temperature, so why does it also have that setting on the vent? Im confused??? :confused

Stan

·
Registered
710 Posts
My dads Volvo has this too, cant see the point in it at all. Surely if you want cool air, then all vents should provide cool air..?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have them on Mine...mine has the electronic (Buttons) Heater controls
The centre vent has a Roller type control in the middle with blue and red dots on it.
If i want hot air out of the centre vent it i move it so i can see 2 or 3 red dots and if i want cooler air i move the control to show blue dots.
this works even if i have Hot air blowing out of the screen and or footwell vents.

so i guess it's so you can have cooler air blowing onto your face and still have warm air onto your feet or screen to keep you comfy.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have them on Mine...mine has the electronic (Buttons) Heater controls
The centre vent has a Roller type control in the middle with blue and red dots on it.
If i want hot air out of the centre vent it i move it so i can see 2 or 3 red dots and if i want cooler air i move the control to show blue dots.
this works even if i have Hot air blowing out of the screen and or footwell vents.

so i guess it's so you can have cooler air blowing onto your face and still have warm air onto your feet or screen to keep you comfy.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Dave
Thats what Ive been told elsewhere too mate, and its handy on long cold drives to keep you awake allegedly. I still think its pretty pointless myself, but hey ho :hihi

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 1996 318ti and just manual everything and im getting cold air in middle vents. No controls for middle vent temp nothing. if i direct all heat on middle, it blows warm, but if i dont its cold.. Any help

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its a manual control , cold and hot as you already know, its not a fully automatic climate control, its an e36 , not a later more refined electronicly controlled ikha system, but it is far more reliable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.