BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
They'll be verging on purple and probably get you a tug by the local law enforcement officers!
5500 Kelvin is about the highest you can go before it looks blueish, 8000k is blue, and anything more will be blue/purple.
Plus the higher the kelvin, the lower the intensity of the light. Personally I wouldn't bother above 8000k.
Are you replacing existing Xenon bulbs, upgrading to new HID's or getting coloured halogen bulbs?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Kelvin Colour Temp

12,000K is pretty much purple. Once you get past 6000K (which is the closest to daylight), the colour gives out more blue and then purple.

Also, as you go higher, the lumens, or light intensity declines.

If you want some of that bluish tinge, go for 8000K.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically on Saturday im going to pick up 2 HID kits for the normal evening lights, 1 for my E39 and 1 for a E30. Im going to get 6000k on both which i have just been recommeded, they are h7 bulbs, you recommend i go with 6000k?

·
Registered
38 Posts
oh joy, more people on the road with stupidly bright lights blinding the rest of us.

I'm gonna attach a searchlight to my car to shine at people :hihi

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have geniune xenons on the car at the mo, can i get brighter bulbs for them, nothing stupid, just would slightly brighter, would my standard xenons be 4500k???
Im waiting for the facelift 6000k angel eyes to come in at BMstyling, so would like the dipped to be the same, but not sure where to get the 6000k xenon bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts