BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one
im new to the site, sorry if this is a newb question,
I now own my first bmw a 1998 328i. I am going to be doing a few mods to it but have no idea about vehicle software. What would you guys suggest in the way of a setup? I am going to be doing the m50 manifold swap, m3 cams with pullys, induction kit (gen 2) and exhaust system, that will be all to start with but in the next year i will also be wanting to put a supercharger on it with a full custom exhaust with de-cat. what would be best to do with the software would i be able to run it with a piggyback or would i be best with a stand alone as i will be charging it later on? sorry have no idea about this side of things lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ian

the supercharger kit i was looking at was this one http://www.evo-s.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=6_2096_2222_2229. Im with you with planning now what to do with the software before i go ahead with planning the rest of the engine tunning. so what would you think would be best thing to use for this setup? in the add it says the kit comes with Active Autowerke Dyno-Tuned Software but im guessing this wont take into account the m50 inlet manifold upgrade and wont be a specific map for the other mods i will be doing?

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
Lol, probably not the answer you are looking for but I'd probably speak to Evo-s about it! They are a well respected company, will be performing the work and obviously know far more about it that I do!

My initial thoughts are that before the supercharger stage, the mods you are planning are fairly common, so Evo-S should have a map for them (as should Emaps etc). When you get the supercharger fitted it looks like it's just another remap that's included in the price. I know the US guys run AA chargers with the M50 manifold on the standard AA software. Not sure on the US M3 cams but I'd have thought that could be catered for as well as that's also a really popular mod.

You could even save the money on the initial remap and see how the first stage of mods run without the remap. You won't be making peak power but if it runs alright you should still see gains and it's all part of the prep work.

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.