BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a car that has stone chips and the odd minor scratch, bumper scuff what can you expect from a good detailer?

I mean obviously they can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, so where there are stone chips etc do they just give them a polish and leave it at that?

What I'm saying is that to cure stone chips and side scratches I'm guess a respray is the only thing that works right?...and £200-300 on a detail would be a waste of money??

·
Registered
194 Posts
It all depends upon the detailer and level of service booked TBH, for paint correction if the scratches are severe then they will/should be greatly reduced and lessened on the eye, if minor then theres no reason that won't be fully removable.
For stone chips then it would be down to you to speak with the detailer and ask if he could apply some paint to the chips, most will if asked but it's certainly not automatically part of the detailing service.

If the stone chips and scratches are too severe then a bodyshop service is probably best first, then follow up with the detailer to correct & refine the existing finish, bodyshops tend to quickly flatten and polish the painted area but not so much refine the finish very well.

Have a chat with the detailer, get him to give you a quote in person and see what he can do with the exsisting scratches, any reputable guy will not have a problem.:thumbsup

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks, can anyone recommend a detailer in Surrey area that is good?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great great, have just booked it into Bryan at http://www.driveandshine.co.uk/

Does anyone know the BMW paint code for an E90 grey?...I did a google and someone said A22, can anyone confirm?

Can't wait to see the difference a 3 day detail is going to make, she has done nearly 150,000 and needs some TLC!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.