BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 BMW X3 xDrive 2.0D M Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi .. thanks for reading..
I've recently bought an 18 plate X3 2.0D M Sport. The keyless fob is un-chartered territory for me and my wife who uses it mostly.
It dawned on me that (maybe unlikely) it could be driven away by a car thief (even with the key outside of the car) at a fuel pump or putting shopping in the boot or whatever.
What do people do (if anything) to avoid this unhappy scenario ?

·
Registered
63 Plate Bmw M135i Estoril Blue
74 Posts
Hi .. thanks for reading..
I've recently bought an 18 plate X3 2.0D M Sport. The keyless fob is un-chartered territory for me and my wife who uses it mostly.
It dawned on me that (maybe unlikely) it could be driven away by a car thief (even with the key outside of the car) at a fuel pump or putting shopping in the boot or whatever.
What do people do (if anything) to avoid this unhappy scenario ?
I brought a faraday key pouch it’s a pouch with foil and other stuff inside it to stop the signal from the key to the car. Here is a link to basically the same as I brought. I didn’t need mine in the end because mines not keyless entry only keyless start which the key has to be next to it anyway.

·
Registered
2018 BMW X3 xDrive 2.0D M Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I brought a faraday key pouch it’s a pouch with foil and other stuff inside it to stop the signal from the key to the car. Here is a link to basically the same as I brought. I didn’t need mine in the end because mines not keyless entry only keyless start which the key has to be next to it anyway.

Thanks for your reply Rossy93. That would seem to do what I'm after. I'll buy a couple of those 👌 (y)

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts