BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arite folks, im looking to buy 2 subs and one amp for my e46. can anyone make any suggestions. i would like a deep punchy sound?! cheers guys any help would be appreciated!!:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
JL if budget allows:thumbsup

2x 12" subs will rock your bounce your Beemer to it's destination, you won't have to worry about fuel:rofl

10" will be very punchy, 15's will be more of a Drone... Sealed and Ported Boxes also make the world of difference. Sealed = Punch:thumbsup

·
Registered
179 Posts
if you got the money CBR Vibe are top of the range with twins or fusion powerpower plant these have one hell of a punch. go to an car audio shop if you want to see these in action

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
i would recommend jl audio, if you can afford it go for a jl w7 sub in either 12 or 13 inch size. if you go for the w7 option you will only need one sub. alternatively find yourself a shadow works goliath sub, i've got one and it pushes out so much bass that on full volume it used to give my passengers nose bleeds :jaw-dropping

·
Banned
66 Posts
i would recommend jl audio, if you can afford it go for a jl w7 sub in either 12 or 13 inch size. if you go for the w7 option you will only need one sub. alternatively find yourself a shadow works goliath sub, i've got one and it pushes out so much bass that on full volume it used to give my passengers nose bleeds :jaw-dropping
I want one of them subs you got

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
I use two rockford forsgate 1000w T2 Subs . One is more than enough .
I can swear by them , especially if you want to feel the bass .
If its a good all round amp something like a DLs 5 channel would do the trick .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Arite folks, im looking to buy 2 subs and one amp for my e46. can anyone make any suggestions. i would like a deep punchy sound?! cheers guys any help would be appreciated!!:thumbsup
first things first, Budget? Then we can go from there.

Sometimes buying 2 subs is false economy, especially if you have to spread your budget to buy 2 cheap subs, and then you need a suitable amp to drive them properly. 1 more expensive sub out performs 2 cheap subs easily, it can take more power, and it has greater excursion (linear xmax).

Also it is a bit of a myth that 10's are "faster" than 15's... Every sub operates at the same speed. If you feed a sub 30hz, it will play 30hz, but its the enclosure and also other speakers you have in the car that affect how it will sound.

For instance if you have a big sub 15", it will tend to play the lower notes with more authority than a 10". Now if you have silly 5 1/4 midbass up front that cannot provide that midbass thump, this can make the sound of the sub appear "slow"

Anyway i digress, its alot of information you didn't ask for :silly Give us your budget and I can recommend something decent for you, but you should be looking along the lines of 1 sub and a DECENT ported box designed for it, and a mono amp to drive it effectively.

sub and box size depends on space you are willing to give up ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
i never had a lot of money when installing my system i paid £50.00 for 4 subs and £120.00 for a custom box, i bought an amp for £200.00 and trust me the car rocks me and the mrs are deffinately going deaf but we love it, just the feeling of your chest caving in and the roof banging up and down while your nose and ears take a good bashing too, im pretty sure the mrs has a good ..gasm while in the car but she wont admit it lol , so my advice is buy a quality amp and speakers with whats left. :D

·
Banned
66 Posts
i never had a lot of money when installing my system i paid £50.00 for 4 subs and £120.00 for a custom box, i bought an amp for £200.00 and trust me the car rocks me and the mrs are deffinately going deaf but we love it, just the feeling of your chest caving in and the roof banging up and down while your nose and ears take a good bashing too, im pretty sure the mrs has a good ..gasm while in the car but she wont admit it lol , so my advice is buy a quality amp and speakers with whats left. :D
Arent you ment to make her rock and give her an ..gasm?:hihi
Where did you get 4 subs for £50

·
Registered
788 Posts
my local custom installers in birmingham mate, the guy that works there doing the installs had his own buisness once and has a garage full of spl dynamics 12" subs he is getting rid off , he gave me 4 for £50 real bargain , and trust me she gets plenty off me but she is greedy and gets what she can out of the car too lol

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Nice .:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.