BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im guna be doing a oil change soon, any one know what i should use as i havnt got an m3 hand book?? im guessing 15 40 but what make??

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
0W-40, 5W-40, 10W-40 or 15W-40 are fine, you should be looking at high end synthetics like Silkolene pro s, Motul, Royal Purple etc, and you need a little over 7 litres, also don't forget to clean or replace vanos filter while you are doing it

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
0W-40, 5W-40, 10W-40 or 15W-40 are fine, you should be looking at high end synthetics like Silkolene pro s, Motul, Royal Purple etc, and you need a little over 7 litres, also don't forget to clean or replace vanos filter while you are doing it
Good advice here.

I always used 15w 40 on my last M3 Danzo.

It loved it :)

Royal Purple is the best allegedly if you can get hold of it...but I couldnt :confused so went with Silkolene iirc

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, i read the thread on oils after i posted this 1 and royal purple seems to be the way to go!! think ill go for the 15 40 jst cos the engine is a bit rattly at mo so im guessing she would proberly appreciate a slightly heavier oil.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys, good news i got some royal purple 15 40 oil on order and should be with me in a couple of days...:lol:lol:lol:lol
1 thing im not sure of is i was advised to replace the vanos filter at the same time as the oil filter but iv never heard of the vanos filter, where is this in the engine and could i fit myself and lastly do i need to get this from bmw??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers boostist and ronnie, diagram im sure will make more sense to me once iv gone outside and remind myself what the engine is set out like, if im stuck on finding it ill be sure to post up a heeeeeeelp!!:lol
ill prob order this from bmw with the oil filter as id like to use the proper stuff this time round!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts