BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....to revive the paint using products from halfrauds??
is there a step by step guide that i can follow and what are the best products i can use...i have a very bad OCD when it comes to cleaning my cars lol probably like all people lol but i dont want to finish hours of polishing it and it mists up and have swirl marks??

bit of a n00b question but it has to be right :D

cheers all

Mikey36

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try the meguiars 3 step system...heard nowt but good about it
Ill give that a go :D ive got snow foam for it already, just want the others to finish it off to a "Brand new look"

·
Registered
194 Posts
You are quite limited as to what is achievable by hand in regards to defect removal ie, swirls.

Of the products Halfrauds offer I would probably use Autoglym super resin polish if appying by hand, apply using a microfibre applicator pad and work into the finish, it may need multiple coats for optimum results but it also has fillers to disguise any defects, whilst this product has some protection built in it also may be worthwhile topping of with a wax or sealant for a longer protection.

For the next time it may be worth looking at some online shops for better products and also detailing world can offer a wealth of information.:thumbsup

·
Registered
147 Posts
go to halfraufs buy auto glym super resin, extra gloss protection 2 megs aplicator pads and megs terry towel , get the megs nxt car shampoo aswell

step 1 wash car and dry off
step 2 cover the whole car in auto glym super resin given it a good work in
step 3 once the polish has gone to a white mist buff off with terry towel
step 4 apply extra gloss portection this stuff is very watery hard to see so spread it well leave for about an hour then buff

should be looking tip top after doing these steps

·
Registered
210 Posts
get a megs clay-bar to use after you've washed it - no point in going to all that effort waxing and coating if you don't because you'll just be sealing in the little contaminants for even longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts