BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a bit of paint/waxoil on the rear of the car today, only done one side so far, waiting for it to dry so I can then sponge down the inner arch to make it look nice.

Honesty is the best policey guys and girls, dont be afraid to say if you like it or not

Before

After

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also to add, I have not bothered with the rear springs as they are snapped and being replaced, was also going to do the plate behind the disc but the car will soon be getting new discs so no point again.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK cleaned the rest of the arch and started on the other too, also tried cleaning the backs of the alloys, one was shit, one came up like new :)

Alloys

What it looked like with the wheel on jacked up

This is the other side which I am waiting for it to dry

Other Alloy

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finished the rears, too tierd to do the front now so will leave that for tomorrow.

My exhaust is shafter on the outer skin, so just put a bit of black spray on so it dont stick out so much

Hopefully this will slow the arch up from rusting

Next time....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the last pic of under the arch, what is that little box behind the spring cup? Think its best to know before I go throwing loads of water in and around that area.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
496 Posts
Woo dude, you've got way to much time on you hands! How long did all that take? Looks good tho.:thumbsup
I have a couple of questions...
-What you using to clean the inner arches and inside of the wheels with??
-What is a good product for blacking the insides of the arches??

I notice when i clean/ polish and wax the motor the parts of the inner arches visible stand out big time, always wondered what to use to blacken them??

Ps.......................

.......................................you missed a bit:hihi

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woo dude, you've got way to much time on you hands! How long did all that take? Looks good tho.:thumbsup
I have a couple of questions...
-What you using to clean the inner arches and inside of the wheels with??
-What is a good product for blacking the insides of the arches??

I notice when i clean/ polish and wax the motor the parts of the inner arches visible stand out big time, always wondered what to use to blacken them??

Ps.......................

.......................................you missed a bit:hihi

Hello mate.

I was half tempted with painting the inner archs with that paint to be honest.... didnt want to do it yet tho as once its on it dont come off lol.

I know what you mean with the archs, mine looks the same which is why i want to do somethin about it. In the ford world they tend to put satin black paint or spray on. What do we think?

Not so sure about the front archs tho, not 100% on what to paint.... maybe the spring cups etc.

I am open to ideas guys and girls :)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Looks awesome mate:cool

The arches are always a problem after the rest of a car has been cleaned.

I would paint the arches... It will stop any rust and be easier to clean in the future if nothing else:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats what I used.... it got most off but the real stuborn stuff it couldn handle. Might give them another go, one came up like new, so might get one of the fronts reconditioned as i have got the two wider rears in at the moment as well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only two puposes to paintint them was one, it will give a better look when the car is back together and the very small amount of inner arch you can see will now be black rather than a horrible creamy white colour, and two, prevent rust! I have got it all up around the lip of the arch so that should put that to sleep for a little while. All comments welcome, i am not 100% satisfied but its the best I can do until we take the car to bits

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.