BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently looking to sell my clio 172 and get another car to use for an everyday hack i don’t know whether to get and e46 320d or a 6cyl petrol of try and buy another E36 M3 that aint as clean as mine or not even bimmo.
the trouble is the carpark at work is a killer for cars the just seem to get the dinted summit wicked thats why i dont want to use the m3 for work.
I will prob have about 3-4 k to spend
Opinions and suggestions please

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Im currently looking to sell my clio 172 and get another car to use for an everyday hack i don’t know whether to get and e46 320d or a 6cyl petrol of try and buy another E36 M3 that aint as clean as mine or not even bimmo.
the trouble is the carpark at work is a killer for cars the just seem to get the dinted summit wicked thats why i dont want to use the m3 for work.
I will prob have about 3-4 k to spend
Opinions and suggestions please
if thats the case i would get a £500 banger for work and an m3 for home use!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys
i have got enough bikes to maintain so i dnt want another lol
i dnt really want a banger i still want summit pretty decent to run round in as i will hardly be using the m3 really

·
Registered
223 Posts
i think the audi a3 1.9tdi sport is perfect run around, problem is i cant afford one yet :frown

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get a pre an early 318 e46 (Not the N42 engine!!). It will be bulletproof, alot cheaper to buy than a derv, great fun on the twistys and economical (Ok, not as eco as a derv, but if its just short trips... why the hell would you pay the extra premium for a diesel anyway!?)

With your budget, you could get an absolute minter with low miles. Or perhaps a touring, which would be more practical too.

Its not the most potent E46 by a long shot, but, in the real world... all things considered, its a hell of a car. Hence, I am getting another in the near future :thumbsup

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get a pre an early 318 e46 (Not the N42 engine!!). It will be bulletproof, alot cheaper to buy than a derv, great fun on the twistys and economical (Ok, not as eco as a derv, but if its just short trips... why the hell would you pay the extra premium for a diesel anyway!?)

With your budget, you could get an absolute minter with low miles. Or perhaps a touring, which would be more practical too.

Its not the most potent E46 by a long shot, but, in the real world... all things considered, its a hell of a car. Hence, I am getting another in the near future :thumbsup
are they any good though as my dads mate had one but he sold if because it was no better on fuel than a 6 cyl bimmer and you didnt get the sound of one lol

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
ive just taken my 318iS off the road for the winter and i purchased..Drum roll please...........

a shitroen saxophone 1.5 diesel
i aquired it for muchos cheapness, although it is about to spit its guts out at any minute, no really. Its great being able to drive it around and not care where i leave it. yesterday on route to the dump i took a wrong turn and ended up in someones yard that had pot holes that would have swalloed the bm whole however it was no danger for the saxophone just bounced the f:censoredr through them
and i experienced lift off oversteer for the first time in a long time today, i near s:censoredt myself

cheap s:censorede cars are chuffin brilliant :thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts