BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people :) I'm finally gona pick my little 316 coupe tomaz! WOOHOO! Got a quick question which has been brewing in my head. Would a 318 inlet manafold if fitted to a 316 give any increase in power, not much needed to be honest, just that little bit more. Is it possible? And if there is some sort of gain made from it, which manafold would fit the 96 (N reg) M43B16? Would it be the M42B18 or M44B19 maifold? And would the ECU require a re-map to suit the higher air intake?

Greatly would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
318i Inlet manifold change no power increase.
Also a m42 or m44 inlet wouldn't fit I doubt due to the differences in the head.

Get a chip/remap if you really want more power, fit a zorst and performance air filter first though.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother spending a penny on trying to improve the perfromance, its just not worth it on those cars.

At best, as Ronnie states, a ECU remap is the best. It costs the same as a bolt on mod or two, but actually will make the car better. I personally wouldn't bother with the exhaust (too expensive, no real power gain) or an induction kit (will probably be more trouble than its worth).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx lads :thumbsup will keep in mind, and i dont really wana spend much tunin the 1.6 engine as i would be mainly savin up money for a bigger engine, but wat sort of price would i be lookin at for a remap? cos even a bit more power would be still better then nothing at all :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ow! emm i think in that case i rather keep tht money nd put it away towards a bigger engine :hihi

cheers guys :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts