BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1841 - 1860 of 1881 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - Newbie here

Hi All, im new to the forum .. thought I would introduce myself .. name's derek (DJ) and im from Dundee , Scotland. And Ive just bought a E46 330ci AUTO in red..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Introducing myself

Good morning everybody. My name is Marco, I live in Italy near Rome. I've got an E60 520 D late 2005 120kW (M47D20 motor) that was my father car...I love it...

I'm an enthusiastic wrencher and I'm not so keen to spend time to the BMW dealer...

I hope to find some help from people in this forum.

Cheers.

Marco

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys I've recently remapped my 325d n57 to 301bhp and 600nm of torque which is great it's no faster that a standard 2010 335d on the straights anyway but was looking advice on suspension as mine is not msport. Cheers. Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, been a member of forums for Land Rover for 20 years and found them really great. I've had BMW cars since 1986 when they were quite rare out there on the road,,,,, now they seem more common than Ford's! Over the years I've struggled with BMW service/repairs and I think they are consistently getting worse and am now struggling with this one being my last (series 1 E87 116i petrol, 2.0l petrol) as I'm getting older and can't put up with the service dept shenanigan's any more! and don't want to climb around under the car myself as much as I used too.
I'm an engineer and worked for a very large manufacturer in research and development before retiring due to ill health! so know my way around automotive vehicles and find myself appalled at the standards and quality of service at the main dealer. so, until I decide whats next on the drive ill sort it myself!

Final straw was when a rear ABS sensor needed sorting. Checked the sensor... all OK so it was the reluctor ring that needed changing, drive shaft at worst! thought.... couldn't be bothered so of to BMW. Yep! you've got it...……..Well sir you'll need a new drive shaft/UJ and if that side needs doing we'll change the other side as well because that'll be stuffed too. I ask for a quote and with a smile he tells me £1700 ish + vat. no says I. no chance!

It took me about 2 hours on the drive and cost £6.25 INCLUDING VAT!
that was the last in a long line of disasters by this main dealer, the car was bought new, from them and is now nearly eight years old and has only covered just over 40,000 miles!

I also have suspicions that duff parts have been changed on to my car as when I've fault coded them and changed them..... well lets say its very unlikely that my car would have an 07 date stamped sensor fitted! enough said I think!

look forward to talking with you all and topping up my knowledge!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from South Wales

Hi , I originate from Wolverhampton but have been living in Newport, South Wales for 3 years now. Drive a E92 330D MSport and love it , it's my 5th BMW :hihi

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Hi i am the noob joe, first time bmw owner. 2009 e90 320i M sport.

look forward to wracking your brains and sharing experiences and knowledge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

Hi everyone, new here and to BMW, had my '08 123d for a week now and loving it so far.

I plan to do a lot of small upgrades/styling changes eventually, right now I'm just trying to fit an aftermarket head unit, but the wiring seems completely random, and no diagrams I've found so far match up..hence ending up here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Hi I have just purchased a 2000,323i convertible automatic. Primarily as a w/e car . great condition but have a couple of jobs I want to tackle. First one will be to get insurance without the barrage of phone calls with large quotes. Let you know how I get on. Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I’m new to bmw. Just got an E46 330i Sport Saloon with 107K miles on the clock and it’s excitingly FAST. It seems well taken care of by its previous owner but I got some minor work to do on it. Will use it for weekends and long distance trips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi got a 2001 e46 and just changed the water pump but I need to know what colour of antifreeze to use as I have been told blue and green. bmw said blue but a lot of people online are saying green. please help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

Hi I am new to Bmw. I have Had my 2011 F10 520d for a year now and the Flywheel has gone.

Anyone know where i can get clutch kit,flywheel,and bolts cheap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum. Actually haven't a bmw car, but maintancing/repairing them:) I am here to learn more interesting things. Regards!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but not Bimmer ownership. I'm now on my fifth, a 2010 520d M Business Tourer (E61). I also have 2 x 1960s MGBs which I enjoy driving hugely and have taken them on some great road trips. Perhaps the best was over the Alps to Italy. They're cars you have to drive and not just aim, and of course I can do all my own work on them, which is fun too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All!

Hello All,

Having driven multiple BMW's for more than 5 years now, I've used this forum many times to help and understand issues and other things related to the motors through other people experiences. I thought it would be great to join, not only to help myself but to share my experiences and findings with everyone else too.:thumbsup

Currently own a F10 - 520D M Sport , E92 - 320D M Sport Plus, E92 - 318i M Sport Plus & E90 - 318D M Sport!

Regards,
Tinda

1841 - 1860 of 1881 Posts