BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Our trading brief pretty much explains what we do.
We are Ray and Taras, founder of RT-Performance.
Over time we'll be posting pictures of some of the projects we have done to demonstrate our skills.
Over the years we've made a huge impact in other car forums such as the celica club and 350Z club and had proven to be outstanding club traders.

We believe actions speak louder than words.
So there's no better way for us to describe what we can do but to show you pictures of one of our earlier projects.

Feel free to comment and ask away.

Ray & Taras

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. Yes its real carbon. As well a a being a body shop we also make our own FRP kits and Carbon kits too. Here in the UK.
We made the kit for this GT4 which is a carbon version of the TRD skirts and rear spats and carbon front lip and our universal carbon diffuser. Everything else like the spoiler, bonnet and numberplate recess is an OEM part replicated in carbon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I'm seeing some nicely kept bimmers in your sigs. I can imagine quite a lot of blood and sweat had gone in to those.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
E46 mirrors are quite easy to make. Where did you get yours in carbon?
I have seen covers in carbon but they stick out and the edge where it doesn't fit flush is really obvious.
We prefer to make a cover replacement. As in remove actual mirror and replace with a carbon one.
Here's an example of ones we make:

Now if you look at the inside, you'll see there are original mounting holes.
For something like this which requires accurate fixing points, we use a method by making a very thin egg shell inside skin made of polyurethane before bonding the external with carbon. We're one of the first to use this technique and its ideal for making things like interior dash bits which require precision fixing points.
If you look carefully on the inside you can see the replication is so detailed you can even see the embossed number.

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
E46 mirrors are quite easy to make. Where did you get yours in carbon?
I have seen covers in carbon but they stick out and the edge where it doesn't fit flush is really obvious.
We prefer to make a cover replacement. As in remove actual mirror and replace with a carbon one.
Here's an example of ones we make:

Now if you look at the inside, you'll see there are original mounting holes.
For something like this which requires accurate fixing points, we use a method by making a very thin egg shell inside skin before bonding the external with carbon. We're one of the first to use this technique and its ideal for making things like interior dash bits which require precision fixing points.
If you look carefully on the inside you can see the replication is so detailed you can even see the embossed number.
They look top, i've seen a few around similar for the standard mirrors but nothing for the Sport mirrors, i just wrapped my covers in 3M, would prefer the real thing but no-one does any.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve if you're close or ever near by just pop in. It'll be nice to meet some people in the bimmers forums. WE often get other club members coming in for a chat with tea and a pack of hob nobs. :)
Martin would you mind showing me a picture of your mirrors pls?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I noticed quite a few of you moderators have some of the classics.
Here's my personal favourite a 1993 BMW 325i Cabrio.
This was a customers car we did a while back. Fully re-trimmed interior with a restored paint job. Subtle mods such as replica alloys, M3 mirrors and a hoard top to match.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any relation to RT mechanics????

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any relation to RT mechanics????
Sorry no. not ever heard of them. There are only 2 sites to our company. The body shop in Brentford London which is where most of our work is done. And the fabrications workshop in Erith where we make our FRP and carbon. That's not open to public.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dont apologise!! That's a good thing :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I Can vouch for all of Rays and RT-Performances work as a member of CCUK (davepoole), i myself have ordered parts from him in the past for my Celica and he has always been very helpful and has always answered my questions no matter how small they were.

Now ive got my e46 its nice to see someone who i have had experience with in the past on the forum. Welcome along and enjoy your stay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts