BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Water inside headlight

881 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  adymorris 
#1 ·
My headlight gasket has disintegrated, I got a new one but not had time to fit it, then over last couple of weeks this happened, can the lens be taken off easily to drain the water off or would it be better just to get a used headlight assembly

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This problem can quickly return after you have warmed them. Check the top grommets item 4 (check your headlight type), and also the twist cap on the rear. One of mine had a broken cap! If water is entering, it will return after you have dried them, and then you have to repeat the process ad infinitum.

EDIT: Sorry, you have sourced a grommet/gasket.

#4 ·
I think the problems started when I poked the gasket to see how knackered it was and bits moved and stuck to my finger, Just got some silicone adhesive so gonna have to take it apart unless I can get it dried off, might try an air hose and kitty litter/coffee filter trick

#7 ·
Hopefully sorted, the hot weather appears to have done the trick, put some silicone sealer on the seal and then put the new gasket on

Gave it a polish with some K2 Lamp Doctor and it looks miles better - hopefully will be OK for the forthcoming thunder storms :)
Headlamp Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Light

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.