BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BMW 318ci I have had problems with multiple warning lights coming on for no reason, had part of the loom replaced which seemed to cure it but has started to reoccur. Any thoughts on the matter that might help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had a non BMW fault scan done and had lots of codes come up. The warning lights that keep coming on are the cruise control and seat belt and my back break lights are on all the time. When these are on the roof will not operate also.

·
Registered
447 Posts
We had a non BMW fault scan done and had lots of codes come up. The warning lights that keep coming on are the cruise control and seat belt and my back break lights are on all the time. When these are on the roof will not operate also.
I'd use google (whatever) to follow up the fault codes and try to rectify them one at a time. Right now it's probably a big issue, but it might just be one trigger point or one problem causing it.

Multiple faults are often related to a poorly battery, so give that a drop test see if it's holding charge etc. and check earth points.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Did they try it without the brake light switch plugged in as i have seen this before and it was the switch and a badly fitted replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts