BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an after 3 hdmi leads to connect my tv when its fitted on the wall, i want 3 metre ones and want them to be good quality at the cheapest posible price, can any one help me? or even if you have any?
have been looking at this website but have no idea if the cables are good or crap!
http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/category.php?cat_id=315

ps i will be connecting my virgin hd, sony dav is10 surround system and my ps3 thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Amazon, they do loads at all prices. I used to buy the best but bought some 99p ones last time and there is no discernable difference

edit: unless you want them quickly! Lidl are doing some gold 2 metre ones for £4 or something. I know thats not long enough but they might have others??? You could check when you pop in to buy your missus' xmas prezzy!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazon, they do loads at all prices. I used to buy the best but bought some 99p ones last time and there is no discernable difference

edit: unless you want them quickly! Lidl are doing some gold 2 metre ones for £4 or something. I know thats not long enough but they might have others??? You could check when you pop in to buy your missus' xmas prezzy!
happy xmas luv, here is 3 hdmi leads:lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a digital signal so in theory it wouldn't matter which lead you get as long as the signal gets through.The picture/sound etc should all be the same whether its the cheapest or most expensive cable 90 degree ones will work just as well as any HDMI lead

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its a digital signal so in theory it wouldn't matter which lead you get as long as the signal gets through.The picture/sound etc should all be the same whether its the cheapest or most expensive cable 90 degree ones will work just as well as any HDMI lead
Just what I was going to say re digital signals. One thing to bear in mind is interference if you are running multiple hdmi devices. So its worth getting 'better' cables, by better I mean better shielding to eliminate interference.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
to any one that may care,
the hdmi leads are like this,,,
the hdmi's tend to come in versions(or they did) you will see v1.3 and 1.4 etc, the v1.4s are the lastest ones, they have all the stuff of the earlier ones with extra upto date things. like compatable for hd, gaming some 3d etc!
the premium ones are ok for short cables for home cinema and things, the high speed are good for blueray, hd, 3d etc, and the highspeed with ethenet are for all the above with capabilitys for internet enabled tvs.
most hdmis will be good with duel insulation but as the cables get longer you need 3x insulation and high speed capability!, also with version 1.4 you can get up to 15gb through the cable!,
for mine i have worked out for my virgin hd i should get v1.4 24carat gold plated high speed cables with 3x insulation, upto 15gb.
this sounds expensive, and if you goto currys and comet you will pay £70+, but if you go on line you can get these for £10-£20!, and the quality on the 3m lenths will be roughly the same, as most hdmis of the same type capabilitys are nigh on the same, so whether they are cheap or expensive you are basically getting the same type of lead!
its only when you go for 10metres on wards do you need to pay for the best!
hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts