BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the market for a 330i/330ci and I have found one that interests me. It's a 2001 model that's going for ~£2K, has ~80K miles and comes with a decent service history.

The vendor has been open about the car's history and stated that its cylinder head was rebuilt earlier last year due to a leaking head gasket.

Is this kind of history an immediate deal-breaker? I understand that a leaking head gasket is usually a symptom of a cooling system issue, so I would have to determine whether that had been resolved.

Any advice would be appeciated.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
buy another theres plenty about look on facebook e36/e46 owners or e36/e46 parts loads go cheap on their seen a mint 330ci for £1700 this week on th eother hand atleast you know its been rebuilt with new parts should be ok to TBH

but there are load of other best not rushing or you will regret it when you seen another you could have waited for

Reactions: cad1729

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
but there are load of other best not rushing or you will regret it when you seen another you could have waited for
Do that and you will wait or ever. The only route to happiness is to stop looking once you have the one you want. Same with women, though not as easy to do

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
have you not seen the Guiness advert good things are worth waiting for.....:yes

i had my E46 318ci for about 12 months before deciding i wanted a 330 vert took me almost 8 months untill i spotted something i thought was a bargain and a well kept example ended up with a 1 owner 70k miles because i waited there was loads of 5 and 6 owner facelift models at the time i viewed im gald i got a 2001 model now exactly the same as my 318ci saving loads only spent £4100 almost 5 years ago i still recon id get £3500 for it now sold my 318ci for £3500 a few weeks after buying my 330ci so rather than p/x my 318ci with cash on top spending approx £7000 as planned for a facelift 330ci vert model i only put a few hundred pound more and got a brillaint car compared to the problamatic 318ci because i waited untill the time was right my mrs actually found it online she never lets me forget that as she was searching on the laptop using autotrader and i was using my autotrader phone app which for some reason dodnt show as many results as on the desktop site using the laptop which is why i never saw it....check both !!!!!

funny thing when i phoned to view it the owner almost talked me out of travlleing from bham to surrey as someone had viwed it the night before and was coming back with their wife to view it yeah like that stopped me took the gamble drove the 318ci down and bought the car worth the gamble

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the responses. To make things more interesting, the vendor has just offered to knock another £250 off but I think I am going to keep looking.

I see such a variety of prices for these cars that I am wondering what a reasonable expectation should be in terms of mileage, previous owners for a car in the £2-3K price range.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
its really hard to say i seen a mint E46 330ci coupe with 3 owners and 94k miles for £1700 the other week on facebook e46 owners sell/swap page i would have bought it if i didnt already have a 330ci

keep looking a good car for sale the owner wont knock off nothing as they know its worth the money and will stand by pricing someone who s prepared to knock loads off just wants a quick sale possible problems or knows nothing about the car as it was p/x or bought cheap at auction

1 - 7 of 7 Posts