BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just picked up a 2005 325xi last week and installed a new head unit yesterday. Everything works great, but when I reconnected the battery after installing, the brake, ABS, and a caution triangle with a circular arrow lit up on the dash. I looked in my manual and it says this means "vehicle electronics failed," and I shouldn't drive my car.

But everything seems to works just fine! I'm thinking it has to do with removing the OEM stereo (maybe there's some computer chip in there?), or the fact that the harness adaptor I had to use has fewer pins than the original stereo (maybe it's "looking" for things that are no longer connected, like the steering wheel controls?).

I didn't find much about this issue online, but I turned my wheel all the way to the left, then the right, and the lights disappeared.

I'm assuming this isn't a big issue and more of a 3rd party incompatibility, but I was just looking to get some more info. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Thought that was the traction turned off symbol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery was off, most likely the reason.
If you had drive the car away it may have gone away on its own too
Do you mean the battery was disconnected, or is shot and needs to be replaced? I've been driving it daily for a week and it's been fine so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts