BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for as much info as I can get.

M60 B30 would be from either e34 or e32. As many probably know it's a 3 liter V8. I would like to know anything about fitting it in a E36 chassis lets say a 318is. Anything concerning the conversion not the suspension or brakes.

Also is the M60 B30 engine with EWS ? :confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The biggest EWS issues arise on vehicles manufactured around 1995.

If the ignition barrels look like the picture below then the vehicle is equipped with EWS:thumbsup

I'm sure you'll be aware that strengthening will be required where the gearbox mounts and diff housing is attached to the chassis. I did this to my 318is when I upgraded to the 3.0lire Motorsport engine:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
Im sure you are aware of the nikasil liner issues on these engines?? Failures are well known.. Though they can go for very long time before failure...

Id personally want alusil liners though for piece of mind...

For you reference, to find out if the engine has the nikasil block you need to check the stamps on the block...

1 725 970 - Nikasil
1 741 212 - Nikasil
1 745 871 - Alusil

:thumbsup

Reactions: RYM

·
Banned
478 Posts
The engine stamps if memory serves me, are located on the right side of the block next to the coolant drain bolt.. :thumbsup

·
Registered
18 Posts
You will need a lot of modifications to fit that engine...custom sump should be made, custom engine "holders" etc and the rare manual box is what you want..
otherwise why dont you just get M62B44 , surely they are cheap as chips in the current climate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.