BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wanted a private number plate, its my first time and was wondering what the best way to go about it was. I have bought it off dvla and they have sent me my v750.

Is that it? Or do i have to send this off to them filled in?
Or do i just show it to a number plate shop and thats it.

Any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
You take the form to a place that makes up number plates and they will make you one. Alternatively you will can get one done online but they will ask for a copy of the licence and V750 or V5 depending on wether the reg is on the car.

Once you have the plates you go on the dvla website: Registration number going onto the vehicle

Fill out the information required which is the number on the V750, current reg, number of the V5 etc and you are good to put them instantly. Don’t forget to ring your insurer and notify them of the change unless you can do it online.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You take the form to a place that makes up number plates and they will make you one. Alternatively you will can get one done online but they will ask for a copy of the licence and V750 or V5 depending on wether the reg is on the car.

Once you have the plates you go on the dvla website: Registration number going onto the vehicle

Fill out the information required which is the number on the V750, current reg, number of the V5 etc and you are good to put them instantly. Don’t forget to ring your insurer and notify them of the change unless you can do it online.

Thanks
Thanks for your reply mate! Will take this onboard. I am going to do it online. Is there anything dodgy or unsafe about sending the v750 online. Or does someone need the actual paper v750 to do anything like fraud or whatever lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for your reply mate! Will take this onboard. I am going to do it online. Is there anything dodgy or unsafe about sending the v750 online. Or does someone need the actual paper v750 to do anything like fraud or whatever lol.
Nothing dodgy about it. I’ve done it myself when I got a new set printed. It’s a security measure, otherwise anyone can request any numberplate to be made for them.

I got mine made up by Number1 Plates.
Very happy with the price, quality and delivery time. Once I placed the order they emailed me to send over a copy of the drivers licence and V750 to verify.

I am not associated with them, just sharing a good experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing dodgy about it. I’ve done it myself when I got a new set printed. It’s a security measure, otherwise anyone can request any numberplate to be made for them.

I got mine made up by Number1 Plates.
Very happy with the price, quality and delivery time. Once I placed the order they emailed me to send over a copy of the drivers licence and V750 to verify.

I am not associated with them, just sharing a good experience.
But when you sent over your v750, cant that person who you sent the v750 to, then request that number plate or claim that plate for them. (Well i guess the company can do that anyway lol because they make them) but i guess they could send the screenshot over to other people and then they could?

Sorry lol, its just that its my first time
Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
As long as you are sending it to a legit company there is nothing to worry about. They send out the first email to request for proof of ownership. You’ve got a trail of communication etc so it’s not in their interest to try and steal it in any way. Not sure they will be able to anyway.

I have given you a company that I have personally used and so has my partner, along with work colleagues with no issues at all. If you like to do so then you can use them, otherwise pop down to Halfords or a gov place that does plates using their locator to find them. I personally am not happy with the quality of the plates from Halfords, hence why I went elsewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks mate, appreciate the help. I will go with the company you sent when i decide to get the plates mate. Thanks for the reassurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts