BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to find somewhere that can remap my ecu's, v12 5.4 m73 enigne, (two ecu,s) or somewhere that can supply a standalone unit to replace the dual units, :confused:thumbsup

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure if piggy back is poss, did read about a single ecu conversion with wiring loom, just cant find it anywhere,
i do know the ecu's are very restrictive on this car and hold back alot of power:frown
any info on who does this sort of work??:confused

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i meant about not sure, i dont know what can be done, ecu,s arent my thing, what is a piggy back?? who could do this for me or remap??

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
U need a re-chip really thats reading the chip and adding new one's to the ECU's.. waste of time changing it to one.. were are u form ?

Miken

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from paignton, in south devon, just want the best poss to get the most hp gain, was told with the right standalone system it is poss to 380hp, standard is 326hp, not sure doable this is,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thought my engine was 361 ft/lb torque btu couple of site now have listed it as 490, thats a big difference, does any one the standard torque???

·
Registered
53 Posts
thought my engine was 361 ft/lb torque btu couple of site now have listed it as 490, thats a big difference, does any one the standard torque???
thats because the figures quote on that site are NM not lb/ft ;)

Reactions: caseyj

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will have alook tomorrow, any ideas where the ecu's are? not had to look for them before??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts