BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I'm looking to put new shoes on a 2014 428i and I'm wondering what's the preferred/correct size for front and rear ?

Thinking of putting on Michelin Sport 4s.Confused as to the many variations of this tyre,is there better in the range than the Sport 4s ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Will all depend on the alloys you have as it could have a staggered setup (wider rears).

Best advice would be to go and have a look at the tyres and check the numbers on the side, these tell you exactly what tyres you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Michelin PS 4S is about the best tyre you can choose
Continental SportContact 6 and Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport are comparable tyres

What wheels you got?

:)

Reactions: Kenzz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will all depend on the alloys you have as it could have a staggered setup (wider rears).

Best advice would be to go and have a look at the tyres and check the numbers on the side, these tell you exactly what tyres you need.

They're factory alloys and they're staggered.I think the current tyres are 255/35/R19 rear,225/35/R19 front.
Is this the optimal size for this car ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michelin PS 4S is about the best tyre you can choose
Continental SportContact 6 and Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport are comparable tyres

What wheels you got?

There is a few variants,is the Pilot Sport 4s the way to go ? (Are they different to the 'Super Sport' 'Sport' ?)

Best price I can find is on Camskill Uk.Are they legit ?

I currently have factory 19' allows but I might change them for a nice single spoke,black,with a bit of a lip/dish.Any recommendations ?

What is most peoples preference with regards wheel size for this car,18' or 19' ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
What ever premium tyres you buy there will be very little difference and you'll be hard pushed to be able to notice on the road.

You tyre profile is wrong on the rear - they should be 255/30

I've used Camskills a few times - excellent service and prices!

Reactions: Kenzz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What ever premium tyres you buy there will be very little difference and you'll be hard pushed to be able to notice on the road.

You tyre profile is wrong on the rear - they should be 255/30

I've used Camskills a few times - excellent service and prices!

BMW recommend 35 on the rear apparently,I just read on an oem parts site.You reckon 30 ? Also,does anyone know the name of this wheel,if it will fit a 428 and where I can get them(or the similar single spoke) ? Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
All I can say is avoid Bridgestone Potenza S001 RFT. They are hard as concrete & have terrible grip levels in the wet (feels like driving on Ice).

On a plus side they are 20k miles old and still have about 5-6mm left!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
BMW recommend 35 on the rear apparently,I just read on an oem parts site.You reckon 30 ?
If your rears are 255/35 then your fronts should be 225/40

Look here for wheels...

And use www.willtheyfit .com

There is a few variants,is the Pilot Sport 4s the way to go ? (Are they different to the 'Super Sport' 'Sport' ?)
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the replacement for the old Michelin Pilot SuperSport

1 - 9 of 9 Posts