BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry mods , i know its the wrong place , im sure you will move it . Cant get anyone on phone but i desperately need to get tyres today , or its tuesday if i miss today.
I need to know if Avon tyres are good enough for the M3 as i can get Yokos cheap but would need to wait till mid week , is it worth hangin out for those or are Avon more than good enough .
Thanks in advance and sorry for posting this in here . :thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy in the shop reckined they were better than the pirellis and goodyears i had been offered elsewhere .
Problem is , i have a complete new front end , but the tracking was set by eye and its way off , 2 front tyres are illegal . And one looks like a remould on the back with the remould skin peeling away at edges . So 3 bad tyres. And wonky front wheels. :frown
Will driving around like this be ok do you think as long as i dont get pulled .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got pirellis on the front and michellins on the back-got the michellins through E-tyres they come to you and put them on where you are and cheaper than most.Got the pirellis at speedy the guy who runs my closest one has the M3 GT-lucky ******* :D and he recommended the pirellis but then again he was making money on them.Speedy-doh I meant kwik-fit,sorry am from SA and its called speedy there-I think they the same company different name

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After some haggling and playing off a couple of local suppliers i have managed to get Bridgestones for all 4 corners and tracking for £380 :D
Too late in day now so need to wait till tomorrow. :frown
One more problem sorted....

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
as you've completely changed your front suspension i would recommend paying out for a 4 wheel alignment...they can adjust the camber angles on each corner to ensure you get max mileage from your new (expensive) rubber ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.