BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster (so please go easy on me!!)

I have a 330e (67 plate) and have noticed recently that the TV is only showing a few channels on both the channel selector and T.V guide.

I performed a retune and it told me that it 'found' 67 channels, but it's still only showing the same 5 channels only.

I know I'm doing something wrong/stupid and would really appreciate your help.

TIA

Martyn

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Could be a lot of radio channels and due to your location not many tv channels.
The aftermarket one i have in the 320d didn't pickup any tv outside my house so i never bothered but sat waiting for my wife one day in a higher location i had a play and it picked up 60/70 tv channels.
Try it again in a different location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Move somewhere else and did a rescan.... it then picked up over 80 TV channels, but still only the same 5 were showing

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I had analogue tv in a 2004 730d Sport, reception was good, sometimes a little fuzzy as in a car you're a moving target, but all in all very usable, after analogue tv went, had a conversion to digital and it was rather on or off, sit on a hill not moving and reception good, quality good, but on the move it wasn't quite as good as the analogue, digital was OK when the signal was good, but otherwise the exercise was a disaster.

It IS curious though that you have only 5 showing.. is it a favourites list showing a subset?
Can you actually see the names of the 80 or is it a claim of 80 in number only.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
ive had an aftermarket one few years ago in an mgztcdti,,great picture on all channels etc,,but totally delends where its picking the signal from and where you are,,some places were great,,even if i turned the car around and faced the other way it would make a huge difference,,,just a gimmick anyway,,the times i actually watched it was minimal,,mine was set to watch while driving,,i never did as not a good idea and of course very illegal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it had something to do with 'favorites' as well, but I only get the option to add (not remove) a channel to favorites.

It is claiming 80 in number only

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time poster (so please go easy on me!!)

I have a 330e (67 plate) and have noticed recently that the TV is only showing a few channels on both the channel selector and T.V guide.

I performed a retune and it told me that it 'found' 67 channels, but it's still only showing the same 5 channels only.

I know I'm doing something wrong/stupid and would really appreciate your help.

TIA

Martyn
Hi All,

Anyone ever find a solution for this issue?

I have a 2018 X3 with the TV option it worked perfectly previously but now when when I scan it shows 84 digital channels but when it completes it only shows Challenge TV and no other channels. I’ve tried in multiple locations with the same result. I’m thinking it’s a bug in the software but interestingly I’m unable to update the software either as it fails even though I used the VIN to get the software from BMW.

I have a service due in October so I’ll Ask BMW then if I don’t find the answer. They’re not local to me unfortunately.

TIA
Shaun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts